Talk

Advanced search

car people (nissan people really) please help.....

(12 Posts)
misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 19:35:14

i am trying to find out if a britax elite will fit in my car, but the website says 'not suitable with nissan modified seatbelts' how do i know if mine are modified or not?

serah Sun 31-Jul-05 20:16:43

if you go to Halfords (if you have one) they will tell you as they have (or are supposed to have!) people trained in the fitting of carseats, and should also have some one that knows about seatbelts.

misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 21:42:52

i dont actually drive my car, MIL does, and i dont have time to goto halfords or mothercare atm. just had an awful journey back from the hospital with dd2 all over the place in her car seat when she fell asleep.

serah Sun 31-Jul-05 22:08:41

Ahhhh! I had a problem with my car seat in my Nissan Serena..... It kept on sliding into the space between the back seat and the sliding door. Endlessly arrived at my mums (lots of corners at speed on journey) with DS having big "pillow burn" up the side of his face for having been lobsided for most of the journey

I fixed it by using the centre lap belt, reducing it to the smallest length and clipping the car seat into there, in addition to how they are normally fixed, IYSWIM

Ps... my partner has congenital heart disease Misdee. Am following you story and hope everything works out well

misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 22:11:53

all 3 seat belts in the back are in use. the seta fits, it just that dd2 is very large for her age, she is almost three and hasnt fitted into the 2nd stage car seat since she was approx 2years old, and they are meant to be used till they are 4. so i bought a britax crusier which locks off the seat belt hoping to anchor her in more securly but it hasnt worked. so i am trying to find out if an elite will fit, as it uses a 5point harness as well.

JulieF Sun 31-Jul-05 22:13:57

We use an Elite in a Nissan Primera if thats any help.

misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 22:15:55

my seat belts are weird. they plug in one point which locks in ito a normal seatbelt position, they basically have 2 buckles. u need to shove a key in to undo the seat belts totally to collaspes the seats down. its an 05 tino btw.

serah Sun 31-Jul-05 22:47:46

oooh.. that does sound weird.

Did a search on Google and the "most likely answer came back from someone else on mumsnet!!!!......

"Hi..I had a 99 Micra, ( I think..!!) and we had big big problems with car seats......especially the next stage....infact, none of them would fit..(by mothercare!) However, the graco0+ did, front and back. Nissan do their own car seat....did you know? (actually made by britax and sold to nissan) It is Isofix too, (am not sure if Micras have isofix or not...and it lasts till age 3 or 4, from birth if I remember correctly. )Bad news....I hated it..(tried it for our Tino) but it is worth a try. Good luck!"

misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 22:49:38

isofix one will be ok for dd3 in 4-6months time, but its too small for dd2.

serah Sun 31-Jul-05 23:27:15

MIL getting new car a possibility at all??????

misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 23:29:13

its my car, but i dont drive. well its dh actually and its a mobility car so cant change it for 3years . will call nissan tomorrow.

serah Sun 31-Jul-05 23:41:46

Oh poo! Like you need anything to be phoning up about!!! Safe to say, I bet they tell you that they "do" a range of car seats that will fit... if you have got loads of spare money, obviously! Grah!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now