Talk

Advanced search

Broadband AND telephone package? Anyone got one?

(32 Posts)
morningpaper Sun 31-Jul-05 17:29:31

I'm paying £25 per month for broadband (2mb line/unlimited download)

plus

£15 per month BT rental (I only make about £4 per month telephone calls - I'm tempted to ditch the landline altogether)

SO
Is anyone using a broadband AND telephone provider - and would you recommend it?

Lonelymum Sun 31-Jul-05 17:36:45

We have just signed up with Telewest Broadband and included in this package is broadband, telephone and cable TV. We didn't especially want the cable TV, but the phone and broadband package alone seemed cheaper than what we were paying so the cable TV is an added extra.

I can't really say yet if it is cheaper as we have only had it a month.

Ameriscot2005 Sun 31-Jul-05 17:39:14

We have the full monty from NTL (all the movie and sports channels but not adult or foreign language) and a 3MB broadband for about £100 a month.

Very happy with it.

purpleturtle Sun 31-Jul-05 18:04:56

We have Telewest broadband, and we definitely spend less on the phone part of it than we did with BT. £30 a month for phone, broadband and TV (although the broadband isn't as much as 2mb by any stretch - can't remember what it is, but it's plenty for us). Can you get cable?

kid Sun 31-Jul-05 18:07:47

I pay £16.50 for my phone, that is the line rental plus free calls from 6pm during the week and all weekend. I then pay £14.99 for broadband internet, unlimited use, not sure what speed but they recently upgraded it for free.

kid Sun 31-Jul-05 18:08:07

(I with telewest)

tatt Wed 17-Aug-05 14:36:39

anyone else got a good service? We're thinking of getting broadband so have been searching mumsnet for advice?

Iklboo Wed 17-Aug-05 14:51:36

We've got NTL (tv no movie or sports) phone & 3mb broadband and usually pay around £40 a month. very happy with it.

madmarchhare Wed 17-Aug-05 14:54:48

£29.99 with BT for both.

ks Wed 17-Aug-05 14:57:24

Message withdrawn

ks Wed 17-Aug-05 15:16:13

Message withdrawn

tatt Wed 17-Aug-05 15:31:16

I don't understand broadband at all. We use the net a lot, not downloading music just surfing/ e-mail. Does that mean we need a line with unlimited downoloads? We'd like something a bit faster than out dial up service but I don't want to pay a fortune.

ks don't most of them use bt lines? It was possible to get satellite where we used to live, though BT are driving me mad over our first bill, which we pay and they then deduct from the amount due on the next one At least they don't threaten us with baliffs (yet?) before adding it back on again

CarolinaMoon Wed 17-Aug-05 15:41:18

Madmarchhare, that is cheap! what kind of broadband do you get for that? and how much are the voice calls?

tatt, you prob don't need unlimited downloads. I don't really think I do either, I should cut back on it cos we're boracic atm.

tatt Wed 17-Aug-05 15:55:36

found a good guide on wanadoo so I think we'd be OK with 2GB, at least until someone started downloading music .

Anyone tried onspeed as I wonder if we could just do that?

munz Wed 17-Aug-05 16:02:26

tiscali for us, £10.00 line rental with BT, (not sure if tiscali do line rental, then £19.99 for BB, waitin on the first tiscali phone bill)

madmarchhare Wed 17-Aug-05 16:43:46

CM, now your asking, Im not very technical but DH is and I know he is very particular with all things electronic. He fafs with downloads etc and its all super quick. Does that help?? . I will check with him (Oh dear, stupid woman alert!)

madmarchhare Wed 17-Aug-05 16:45:03

We dont use landline much so the calls are never more than a few quid.

ks Wed 17-Aug-05 17:25:06

Message withdrawn

munz Thu 18-Aug-05 11:43:25

asked DH actually last night who informed me - as If I was suppost to know that our BB means we get free w/e and evening calls on tiscali apparently so ours is now only £10 p/m line rental with BT. and £19.99 BB and phone calls.

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 12:40:44

I'm with tiscali broadband

munz Thu 18-Aug-05 12:41:59

how's it billed M2S - cos we still haven't had it taken from the account (we've had it just on a month)

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 12:43:33

mmm they do seem a bit hit and miss!!!
First off it was on a credit card..there instruction, but I changed it to dd. some months it misses and I have to pay it as they send a reminder!! Just reminded me I need to send a payment!

dropinthe Thu 18-Aug-05 12:46:26

I've just signed up with Bulldog which is £29.50 for 8 meg BB,line rental and all calls except mobiles.Was a bit miffed as thought this was going to be for ever but then it goes up to £51.50 after 6 months.Nothing to pay for the first month too and £20.00 if you sign up from an existing Bulldog customer.

munz Thu 18-Aug-05 12:46:47

oh right - just checked our bank they've set the DD up but not tried to take the money out, are u on the phone package as well? is it right what my DH is tellin me about the calls - cos i'm not convinceed and expecting a bill in for the quarter with them.

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 12:48:39

you get charged for other calls though and mobile calls etc!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: