Talk

Advanced search

CHRISTMAS PRESENT BARGAINS ADD YOUR LINKS HERE

(27 Posts)
LittleStarsweeper Sun 31-Jul-05 14:13:31

havent got one myself but thought I could get the ball started for those of us who are rubbish at Chrissy Shopping. If you buy or see anything which you think is good value or a bargain pop it on here. Merry Christmas

WigWamBam Sun 31-Jul-05 14:14:36

Oh, come on - it's not even August yet!

Bah, humbug ...

Lonelymum Sun 31-Jul-05 14:14:41

It is JULY!!!!!!

I goggle at your organisation!

Littlestarsweeper Sun 31-Jul-05 14:17:02

Party poopers!You popped in for a look though didnt yer eh! Tee hee

Lonelymum Sun 31-Jul-05 14:18:06

Thought you might have a link for me to look at!

WigWamBam Sun 31-Jul-05 14:22:20

LSS, I popped in to register my disbelief that anyone could seriously be shopping for Christmas presents a week into the Summer holidays!

SenoraPostrophe Sun 31-Jul-05 14:23:58

You've got to be kidding.

charleepeters Sun 31-Jul-05 14:24:11

Surley fo people on a monthly budget its easier to shop through the year rather than having a sodding great bill in December when you buy them all at once?

By the way Asda and Tesco do cheap pressies for people you have to buy presants for but not huge ones

Lonelymum Sun 31-Jul-05 14:25:34

Well, ds2's birthday is just before Christmas and we know now we are getting him a Gameboy so I would certainly be keeping my eyes open for a bargain in that department anytime from now until then.

gingerbear Sun 31-Jul-05 14:29:21

Some half price ELC toys in Sainsbury's. I have bought Polly Pocket stuff for niece - birthday not Christmas though!!

WigWamBam Sun 31-Jul-05 14:31:16

I'm keeping an eye out for bargains too, and I have no problem with people Christmas shopping in July if they really want to, and yes, of course I realise that people may want to budget throughout the year, ... I just don't want to know about it in the middle of the Summer!

Like I said, bah, humbug

charleepeters Sun 31-Jul-05 14:34:34

The early learning center are having a massive clear ot, so are Robert Diyas, i know people who buy presies in the January sales!

bubblerock Sun 31-Jul-05 14:56:12

I got a few lovely jumpers, slippers & PJ's for random Male relatives - Dad, FIL, BIL's all in the Next sale, I ordered them online so that they come packaged and without the red telltale blob on the label. I feel like I'm getting more for my money so they get better presents than I would really be able to afford now that we're self employed.

I also tend to hibernate in the winter (think I have SAD) so it will be nice not having to traipse around town in the cold

TigerLilly2005 Sun 31-Jul-05 15:06:55

I will be watchiong this thread with interest too, as i will be due to give birth 3 weeks after christmas and to be honest would rather start early when i feel like shopping and not when i am only just about to be able to walk or should i say woddle

pacinofan Sun 31-Jul-05 15:10:02

I think this is a great thread for those who can't or won't face shopping at Christmas. I bought my first presents this week as we have a huge family and no way am I leaving it until December like last year and struggling round John Lewis with an angry toddler!

I bought fuzzy felts for £2.50 reduced from £10 at ELC, great for Christmas or childrens' birthday gifts.

hunkermunker Sun 31-Jul-05 15:10:02

TigerLilly2005, when are you due? I'm due on 14th January and feeling a bit apprehensive about organising Christmas heavily pregnant - will have sorted presents and cards, etc, before the end of Oct if I can manage it!

sparklymieow Sun 31-Jul-05 15:12:54

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo I have one

bargaincrazy have 50 % off all toys make sure you put this code in the promotional code box......... D5GA

This offer finishes tomorrow though.........

Littlestarsweeper Sun 31-Jul-05 17:52:56

Found this sale you need to look at special offers section.

Littlestarsweeper Sun 31-Jul-05 17:53:59

blast it didnt work. www.Hippins.co.uk

blueteddy Sun 31-Jul-05 18:50:52

co.ukThe norsery & toys website has some really good bargains under the toy clearence section.
I got a robot from there that was reduced from £50 - £10!
The web address is www.nurseryandtoys.co.uk

blueteddy Sun 31-Jul-05 18:51:37

Toys r us also have a sale.

Mirage Sun 31-Jul-05 21:55:34

Good idea LSS.I live 10 miles from the nearest decent shops & am not dragging a toddler & baby around when its packed.Also,my Maternity pay runs out in November,so need to buy pressies before then.

pootlepod Sun 31-Jul-05 22:02:20

Some half price toys in the clearance section of boots.

Think it's too early myself but know sorting things out early helps some people.

MaggieW Mon 01-Aug-05 09:41:20

For little girls - the Entertainer is doing a two for the price of one offer on My Little Ponies ie two packs of three ponies for £7.00.

dot1 Mon 01-Aug-05 09:44:56

Just an idea which worked really well for us last year - if you've got a large-ish group of friends mostly with kids! We did a secret santa last year for the grown ups - so each bought 1 present for one of the adults - was quite a laugh and cut down on tons of buying. Thinking of doing the same this year for the children aswell - the older ones are about 4 now and could help choose the present?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now