Talk

Advanced search

Little Life versus MacPac

(11 Posts)
Spoo Sat 30-Jul-05 19:16:19

We cannot decide on which baby carrier - would be interested in anyones views. (I have searched the Archives but got very confused.

giraffeski Sat 30-Jul-05 19:45:26

Message withdrawn

bensmum3 Sat 30-Jul-05 20:38:58

What do you want to use it for?

Spoo Sun 31-Jul-05 07:54:55

The odd camping trip - travelling on the airplane and other day trips.

super1971 Sun 31-Jul-05 08:29:33

ANOTHER VOTE FOR THE MAC PAC ITS GREAT FOR DAYS OUT FOR US

bensmum3 Sun 31-Jul-05 08:46:11

If there are likely to be two of you when you use it, I would look at the Ergo carrier, its so much more comfortable for you and baby. It's a soft carrier and I still carry my ds now 2 in it for long distances, am able to jump fences, carry heavy objects with him on my back.
The framed carriers are so much heavier and more restrictive.
The only downside to it is it hasnt got the pockets of the big carriers, although you can buy a bag to use with it.

ajmum Mon 01-Aug-05 14:17:08

Got a little life traveller (comes with own bag) as a baby present and it is fab. Quite compact and good from about six months. Also have used a slightly bigger version after our original one got trapped in storage for six months after we moved house. Only drawback with the traveller model is that you have to buy separate sun/rain hoods, which are v useful as the baby is quite exposed to the elements up on your back; some other little life models come with these accessories already.

Gobbledigook Mon 01-Aug-05 14:18:44

We love our Bushbaby backpack - very comfy for the child and quite a big space to pack everything you need into. The rain cover has a frame that fits neatly into the rucksack part when you aren't using it so it's easy to carry with you.

Frenchy72 Tue 02-Aug-05 09:31:36

Hi! We have got the Littlelife Voyager (see their site which is top of the range, with the detachable bag, mirror and so on, and came with the hood included in the price. It's a great bag really but to be honest we had to take it back to the shop after 6 months because one of the strap was torn off . although our son is still light.
I thought maybe it would help you to know that. the shop sent it back to Littlelife who fixed it and returned it in 2 weeks and apologised.

we use the sun hood also for the rain actually and it is enough. it is great as it can be stored in the main bag when yoy don't use it and it takes little room in there.

basketcase Tue 02-Aug-05 09:40:51

we have a bushbaby one - fantastic. Works for Dh and myself with minimal adjustment in between. Great wouldn’t swap it

Chuffed Tue 02-Aug-05 10:08:19

Macpac Possum one here, dd has been in it since 5mths and loves it but carrying her around all day when on holiday can feel quite heavy once she got to 13mths. It is very light and adjusts easily for dh 6ft3 and myself 5ft7.
Our decision came down to the littlelife and macpac and what made the decision was the back adjuster as the plastic bit that did the adjusting wasn't covered and at different angles sometimes dug into our backs. (Hard to explain).
We did spend ages in the shop trying to decide though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now