Talk

Advanced search

MUZZY language tapes

(7 Posts)
Mum2girls Sat 30-Jul-05 13:16:03

I'm fighting the urge to slap the woman who does the advert, but has anyone tried them? Are they any good? Are they worth the money?

jabberwocky Sat 30-Jul-05 13:43:06

Haven't tried them, but have looked at the website and considered it. Will be watching this thread with interest, mum2girls.

Mum2girls Sat 30-Jul-05 14:01:00

Now there's 2 of us interested, I'll unashamedly bump!

Spoo Sat 30-Jul-05 19:14:39

I have the Spanish Level 1. Have not really used it yet on my 6 month old as he is a bit young. DH and I have watched it. I think it is a bit expensive but in essence appears to be the only thing around. The cartoon is grainy but very funny! and the songs in it are very catchy especially the Buenas Dias song. I can just about speak Spanish and my husband is learning. We hope that DS will like to watch it when he is older. My mum is fluent and has a place in Spain so we hope that we will spend our holidays there. We bought it off Ebay - they seem to be going a bit cheaper there. Would be interested if anyone else has used them on older kids and they have worked?
HTH

Mum2girls Sat 30-Jul-05 22:54:22

Thanks Spoo - thats exactly what I thought that the cartoons seemed to be a bit old-hat. Good to know that they're funny though.

MrsBoo Mon 01-Aug-05 10:12:37

I think there was another thread about these tapes a few weeks ago. We bought the French ones about this time last year for DS (5). Decided to splash out on the DVD's and as it's spread over 5 months - it doesn't seem so expensive!
Initially DS watched it all the time, there is 2or 3 DVD,s a colour book, a CD for the car (with all the songs) and a PC game in our set.
DS picked up counting and basic words really really quickly, along with a cute french accent. We are planning to watch it every day for the next 2 weeks as we're off the France for our holidays soon.
At the time i thought of it as an 'investment' for him.
by the way, it might just be out TV, but i think the sound quality is really poor.

Spoo Mon 01-Aug-05 19:22:24

Mrs Boo - its not your TV - I agree the sound quality is awful - quite muffled at times. Some of the accents are quite strong as well, but I suppose they need to hear the language in its true format rather than with perfect pronounciation. Glad to hear it is having the desired affect - enjoy your holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now