Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What changing bag do you have?

(37 Posts)
pootlepod Fri 29-Jul-05 20:30:50

Thinking of perhaps getting a new one and just being plain nosey!!

Hulababy Fri 29-Jul-05 20:54:57

I have a Kipling Supernany, in black. It's a pram bag, with a travel changing mat. Love it

hunkermunker Fri 29-Jul-05 20:56:46

I have this one - I like it, but am hankering after another one as I am a bag-a-holic

kama Fri 29-Jul-05 20:56:59

Message withdrawn

vickiyumyum Fri 29-Jul-05 20:57:38

always just brought the ones that matched my pram, but have to say not been impressed with any of them really. they do the job and thats about all i can say.
i have had mamas and papas
jane, silvercross, mothercares own brand, inglesina and a maclaren mac pac which is probably the best of the lot as its not too babyish.
i really like the look of the oi oi ones but i don't need one now as ds2 is 3 so he has a samsonite sammies penguin rucksack for the childminders.

Hulababy Fri 29-Jul-05 21:00:14

This is the Kipling Supernanny

emmatmg Fri 29-Jul-05 21:03:21

I had the free one from Huggies for Ds3. For Ds2 I just had a little adidas rucksac and for Ds1 I had a mothercare demin thing that was so ridiculously big I only used it about twice because I always lost things in it.

As soon as I could(probably 2-3months) I would just take 2 nappies and a small packets of wipes all folded up in one of those messy bag things. About the size of a A5 envelope.
Bottles just went in my own bag.

chicagomum Fri 29-Jul-05 21:05:14

i have same as hunkermunker, its got a great hideaway cross over strap to carry it on your back, i really wanted the one in J. Lewis with big pink flowers all over it (don't know what make it was) but DH said there was no way he would ever take ds out on his own if he had to carry a bag like that

misdee Fri 29-Jul-05 21:07:31

i want the samsonite sammies changing bag. atm use a graco but its too small really.

WigWamBam Fri 29-Jul-05 21:07:54

I got fed up with hauling a changing bag around with me, and ended up just using a shoulderbag with pockets, which had room for a couple of nappies, a travel pack of wipes, a muslin square and some nappy sacks as well as my purse and so on. Much smaller, neater and far easier to carry around in my experience.

MrsMiggins Sun 31-Jul-05 20:54:08

I bought a lovely pink Jasper Conran handbag from Debenhams - its massive & looks fab (kate Moss had one v similar)
You can easily fit stuff for baby in it & your mobile phone & purse etc

seriously though I used the Huggies freebie one but an ordinary rucksack would do....

lunachic Sun 31-Jul-05 20:55:46

i havee a kipling supernanny for day trips only (its a suitcase) other wise just a normal bag that i can throw a couple of nappies into !!

lunachic Sun 31-Jul-05 20:56:47

like that one too hm am now hankering myself

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sun 31-Jul-05 20:57:17

bog standard mothercare navy blue one and i hate it!

janeybops Sun 31-Jul-05 20:58:49

a platic bag if in the car or I chuck everything into basket under the buggy.
I do have 2 'chnaging bags' but never use them.

janeybops Sun 31-Jul-05 20:59:54

what do people carry with them???

Just curious as I take spare nappy (or 2/3), wipes and drink/snack. Am i missing something?

bensmum3 Sun 31-Jul-05 21:01:14

I had a mamas and papas one that matched my pram for dd, but with both ds's I have just used a rucksack with lots of pockets, much more comfortable and easy to keep tidy.

lilaclotus Sun 31-Jul-05 21:01:29

we had a navy corduroy type one from h&m which i found in the men's section. but it was so useful and i wish i still had it.

lunachic Sun 31-Jul-05 21:01:31

spare clothes for accidents teething stuff small toys a book ..... rain wear /sun wear .........

Tipex Sun 31-Jul-05 21:02:56

call me tight, but I have a fab green rucksack that i bought cheap at TKmax and it has a home made change mat in it!!! what mroe do you need?

gingernut Sun 31-Jul-05 21:02:59

I have an Avent rucksack style one and I hate it! I'll only continue using it until ds2 stops having a bottle during the day because it has a good insulated bottle pocket. Then I'll go back to using my ordinary leather rucksack style handbag which is plently big enough for my small travel changing kit and any other bits and bobs we need. If I had my time again I wouldn't bother with a changing bag at all (would just have bought an insulated bottle holder for the bottles and used an ordinary bag).

janeybops Sun 31-Jul-05 21:03:24

poor ds he doesn't get such luxuries as toys!

lockets Sun 31-Jul-05 21:12:00

Message withdrawn

vicdubya Sun 31-Jul-05 21:24:38

I used to have one when ds was smaller and had to take 2-3 changes of clothes as he was sick all the time but now don;t bother unless going out for a whole day.

I have a large handbag and in it goes my fabby FREE black folding travel toiletry wallet thingie I got with SHE magazine which very handily holds 2-3 nappies, wipes and nappy sacks.

Drinks & snacks go in a little insulated bag and anything else in my handbag (and no it doesn't look like the Mary Poppins one!).

But I do rather like the Kipling one and would get one if I had a small baby again.

Surfermum Sun 31-Jul-05 22:02:22

I use the free one from the Huggies club. Fits nicely over the handles on the buggy and is over the shoulder so it's never been any bother to take anywhere.

In it it has 1 large packet of wipes, kitchen roll, changing mat, several nappy sacs, changing mat, bib, vaseline, carrier bag, brush, flannel, wrist leash, 2 sachets of sun cream, sample size tub of sudocreme, thermometer, small tupperware tub with cotton wool, carton of drink, chewey bar, 2 small toys, pair of jeans, tub of raisins, mummy's emergency chocolate, book, pair of knickers (dds not mine), hair bands, packet of tissues, sun hat.

I was in the girl guides you see .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now