Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Recommendations needed: a washing machine: quick washes and good for nappies

(7 Posts)
morningpaper Fri 29-Jul-05 16:25:12

- Quick washes (less than 1 hour)
- Good for nappies (good rinsing)

Won't break/catch fire easily. Don't care about anything else.

£350 or less. Any recommendations?

LouiseT Fri 29-Jul-05 20:23:57

I've got the Bosch Classixx 1400 Express, as recommended by John Lewis but bought from elsewhere online (cheaper). It does a 60 wash in about 1hr 10min, I use it daily wiht cotton nappies and am v. pleased as my mum's Hotpoint or Hoover one takes double the time!

bagpussmice Fri 29-Jul-05 20:55:24

I've got this Bosch classic 1200 too - and it has a 2 year guarantee.. I am very pleased so far with mine (I particularly like the "reduced ironing" button - it really does work!)

KBear Fri 29-Jul-05 20:58:54

I've got the Bosch Classixx 1200 too and it's great. My uncle is a washing machine engineer and he recommended it to me. He said he's never called out to fix one!

There is a Wash Plus button for a longer wash for dirtier clothes but the economy 40 degree wash is 46 mins I think.

morningpaper Sat 30-Jul-05 15:33:12

Can't seem to find this machine - think it might be discontinued. Any other ideas?!

vkone Sat 30-Jul-05 16:26:42

You need to check whether you have hot and cold taps available as this can affect the time. We got a cold water only zanussi, and whilst it is fab, it's very slow. (nappies with prewash at 60 is 2h 33 ) Our previous no name machine was faster with the 2 taps. It does have a quick wash but that doesn't rinse thoroughly (for nappies anyway).

We were also recommended a Hotpoint as being v good

morningpaper Sat 30-Jul-05 18:41:18

I've found the machine in question!

at the Co-op Electrical Shop.

Bosch WFO2467 Classixx 1200 Spin Washing Machine at £288.99.

They said they have been flying off the shelves because they just got a recent Best Buy which Which? Washing Machine.

Going to be delivered on Friday - I'm SOOO excited!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: