loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations needed: a washing machine: quick washes and good for nappies

(7 Posts)
morningpaper Fri 29-Jul-05 16:25:12

- Quick washes (less than 1 hour)
- Good for nappies (good rinsing)

Won't break/catch fire easily. Don't care about anything else.

£350 or less. Any recommendations?

LouiseT Fri 29-Jul-05 20:23:57

I've got the Bosch Classixx 1400 Express, as recommended by John Lewis but bought from elsewhere online (cheaper). It does a 60 wash in about 1hr 10min, I use it daily wiht cotton nappies and am v. pleased as my mum's Hotpoint or Hoover one takes double the time!

bagpussmice Fri 29-Jul-05 20:55:24

I've got this Bosch classic 1200 too - and it has a 2 year guarantee.. I am very pleased so far with mine (I particularly like the "reduced ironing" button - it really does work!)

KBear Fri 29-Jul-05 20:58:54

I've got the Bosch Classixx 1200 too and it's great. My uncle is a washing machine engineer and he recommended it to me. He said he's never called out to fix one!

There is a Wash Plus button for a longer wash for dirtier clothes but the economy 40 degree wash is 46 mins I think.

morningpaper Sat 30-Jul-05 15:33:12

Can't seem to find this machine - think it might be discontinued. Any other ideas?!

vkone Sat 30-Jul-05 16:26:42

You need to check whether you have hot and cold taps available as this can affect the time. We got a cold water only zanussi, and whilst it is fab, it's very slow. (nappies with prewash at 60 is 2h 33 ) Our previous no name machine was faster with the 2 taps. It does have a quick wash but that doesn't rinse thoroughly (for nappies anyway).

We were also recommended a Hotpoint as being v good

morningpaper Sat 30-Jul-05 18:41:18

I've found the machine in question!

at the Co-op Electrical Shop.

Bosch WFO2467 Classixx 1200 Spin Washing Machine at £288.99.

They said they have been flying off the shelves because they just got a recent Best Buy which Which? Washing Machine.

Going to be delivered on Friday - I'm SOOO excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now