Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need some birthday present ideas for DS1 - he will be 7

(11 Posts)
Kayleigh Thu 28-Jul-05 16:08:18

Can anyone give me some ideas of what your 7 year old boys received for their birthdays, or love having. Friends and relations are asking me what they can get ds1 who is 7 next month and I'm a bit stuck for ideas.
So far we are getting him the new arsenal kit
His brother is buying him a DVD (not sure which one yet)
and I the only other two things i can think of are a watch and a swimming towel.

He doesan't really "play" much with toys as he prefers to be out in the garden kicking a ball whenever he has the chance. We can add to already largish collections of lego and geomag - but would be nice to have some new stuff too.

Help ..............

tarantula Thu 28-Jul-05 16:12:34

telescope if he has room in his bedroom to set one up? or microscope set with all the bits?

Kayleigh Fri 29-Jul-05 07:45:06

telescope is quite a nice idea - but sounds expensive

Milliways Fri 29-Jul-05 08:16:16

Selection of outdoor toys? Large Waterpistol, Phlat ball, nerf vortex, diabolo - all popular in this house!

Milliways Fri 29-Jul-05 08:17:50

Or a radio controlled car? Can be all sorts of prices.

Pollyanna Fri 29-Jul-05 08:40:07

I think we are going to go with the dreaded Gameboy for my ds's 7th birthday - he really really wants one (I'm not too keen on them though). What about Star Wars things? My ds has a light sabre which he loves.

rummum Fri 29-Jul-05 08:52:41

Does he like music... daughter just got a cd walkman thingy that 7 year old son would die for...
Game boy... you can buy them second hand in Game for £40 (you wouldn't know they were second hand.. squeek squeek)
speometer for his bike? son want one of these.. tells you how fast your going, distance..etc..
swing ball
keepy uppy ball...

Kayleigh Fri 29-Jul-05 19:28:35

We already have gameboys. Ds1 and ds2 both have one. They got them for Xmas and they have been a godsend on long journeys.

Like the outdoor toys ideas.

Kayleigh Fri 29-Jul-05 19:29:08

oooh rummum, speedometer for bike - what a great idea

binkie Thu 04-Aug-05 15:55:28

Guinness Book of Records? Somehow a classic seventh birthday present - have it on my list for ds next year.

bensmum3 Fri 05-Aug-05 20:15:33

My ds had a wormfarm for his 7th birthday and thought it was great. binoculars,bell for his bike, cheap camera and lots of greek fable/dinosaur books were other great hits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now