Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have just bought an epliator!!!

(9 Posts)
soapbox Tue 26-Jul-05 22:15:44

And I have nice smooth legs - it really seems to work quite well.

Can anyone who uses one tell me whether the hair regrowth really is as slow as with waxing??

I'm just thinking of the fortune I will save by not having to pay for waxing every few weeks

helsi Tue 26-Jul-05 22:16:28

ooh you brave thing. I got ones years ago and it was soooo painful - never used it.

soapbox Tue 26-Jul-05 22:18:00

The one I've got does bikini and underarm too - but so far I've only been brave enough for my legs

Actually didn't hurt very much at all - had a slight 'twinge' of pain though when I tried to do my big toe

nannyjo Tue 26-Jul-05 22:18:27

when i first discovered that ladies shave, i wanted to join in so i grabbed my mums epilady and thought i was being clever.

OW OW OW.

Never again.

Goodluck to you if you're brave enough

roosmum Tue 26-Jul-05 22:19:00

ooooh well done you on having epilated! i love mine, when i can be bothered, regrowth is slow, some never grow back if you keep doing it...

roosmum Tue 26-Jul-05 22:20:29

def do underarm, after a few goes those hairs have virtually disappeared for me. get some bikini line ingrowth tho, so obviously not so good for that!

ajmum Thu 28-Jul-05 12:42:13

Which kind did you buy? I used to have an epilady but it was quite slow to use.

oliveoil Thu 28-Jul-05 12:43:20

Apparently the purple Phillips one is the best (according to The Times beauty woman).

saadia Thu 28-Jul-05 13:25:42

I've got the epilady too.

One thing I could never understand, in terms of effect on the hair, was what is the difference between an epilator and tweezing. We are always being told that tweezing makes hair grow back stronger.

Anyway I asked a beauty person and she told me that waxing was always best because the warmth of the wax opens up the pores. And it's true, the effect of epilating on me has never been as good as warm waxing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now