Talk

Advanced search

2nd stage car seat for volvo

(10 Posts)
Bellie Tue 26-Jul-05 13:34:40

When I brought my volvo v70 last year did not think that it would be this difficult......!
I do not have isofix in the car and am struggling to get a recommendation for a 2nd stage seat that fits.

The britax fit finder does not recommend any really (all say that the seat will be twisted?? in rear seats).
Was wondering about the maxi cosi priori or mama and papas pro tec but can't find anywhere that will let me know if they will fit my car.

Contacted volvo to get their recommendation and all they would say is that they will not recommend any non volvo products and the volvo car seat is not approved by the european safety comission!!

Does anyone else have a volvo v70 and if so what 2nd stage seat have you got?

Help please!!!

PandaBear Tue 26-Jul-05 13:35:54

I have and I have the Britax trio. We had it fitted and it's fine.

Bellie Tue 26-Jul-05 13:39:55

pandabear - can I just ask where you had it fitted - sorry if I am being really thick here

PandaBear Tue 26-Jul-05 13:41:30

We went to Halfords - they fit it for you and tell you if it's suitable.

otto Tue 26-Jul-05 13:51:20

We have a Britax in our volvo and it's fine. We got it from Halfords, but they didn't fit it for us.

OldieMum Tue 26-Jul-05 15:33:02

We have a Volvo 850 (predecessor of the V70) and we used a Britax, with no problems.

Gillian76 Tue 26-Jul-05 15:40:14

Mothercare will try seats in your car so you get one that fits. We had weird seatbelts in our Daewoo and we got a Britax Club Class ( replaced by First Class)and a Cosatto one (can't remember which model. They both have an alternative routing for the seatbelt. Maybe you could try one of those? Good luck, I know what a pain it can be!

OldieMum Tue 26-Jul-05 15:41:48

We used a Britax First Class (I couldn't remember the name before).

CarolinaMoon Tue 26-Jul-05 15:53:23

I got a Mamas and Papas Pro Tec cos of the Which? recommendation, which is a bit keen of me as ds is only 9mo and still fits in his group 0+ seat and prob will do for months to come.

We have a Rover, so "belt crunch" can be a problem, but the seat belt goes round the outside of the Pro Tec instead of under it, thus avoiding the belt crunch problem.

The place I bought it from (small franchise place) said you need to try the seat in your own car to see if it fits in that particular car. Think you just need to find a seat you like, find a supplier and get them to try fitting it into your car.

Bellie Tue 26-Jul-05 17:26:48

Thanks all - looks like we are off for a car seat fitting this weekend then - luckily we have a month or so (depending on how quickly dd gains weight) before it becomes a must have today item!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: