Talk

Advanced search

child size armchair. Worth the money?

(8 Posts)
Frenchy72 Tue 26-Jul-05 11:16:30

Hello. I am about to buy one of these mini armchairs. it costs 90 pounds and I am not sure whether my little boy is going to use it or ignore it! what do you think? Have you got one?
the bean bags are cheaper but only for children 0-2 years and not so stable. thanks for your help.

Twiglett Tue 26-Jul-05 11:18:37

personally I don't think so .. my 14 month old quite happily climbs up and sits on a regular armchair / couch and DS always used to sit on the floor

bean bags are just fun to bury your body in it seems

they do look quite cute but I just had a little table and wooden chairs in a corner (from Ikea / toy stores) which seems more practical cos they can eat / draw there

evesmama Tue 26-Jul-05 11:19:58

have you looked in woolworths/Big W?, i got my dd one for her birthday(she was two) its light pink in leather effect material with big flower prints on and was £59.99..they also had a plain black and a plain bright pink one.
they are also rockers and cme with a matching footstool..the plain ones are only £49.99

maddyd Tue 26-Jul-05 11:25:29

I got one mine £50 too. Well worth the money. My 22 Ds month and 3 year old DD love them.

loulabelle222 Tue 26-Jul-05 12:22:32

i think its a waste personally cant they just sit on the normal sofa/armchair? my MIL wanted to get a custome made one to match her furniture.... i mean please come on! how sad is that! my ds doesn't sit still for 5 mins let alone apreciate a brown leather little armchair? because he realises how much it costs and has to sit on it!

loulabelle222 Tue 26-Jul-05 12:23:40

appreciate and custom..sorry about the bad spelling mistakes!

Skribble Tue 26-Jul-05 23:21:17

Ikea have a mini Poang chair for about £14 and a matching footstool, a whicker arm chair for £11.99 and a table and 2 chair set for £12.99. I got the table and chairs and it's still in use 5yrs on has been used for kids dinners, drawing, adult coffee table, side table, for christmas tree. I wouldn't bother with a expensive arm chair kids tend to sprawl when they want to get comfe. I would get a huge bean bag or cushions.

Skribble Tue 26-Jul-05 23:22:30

Meant to add link IKEA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now