Talk

Advanced search

I've just complained to Asda.

(24 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Mon 25-Jul-05 11:53:42

I got an email with "save £20 of a £99 shop" so ordered some groceries to be delivered today. Seemed like a bargain not to be missed.

When it came there was a load of stuff not there, not available apparently. So that dropped the total well below £99 so my voucher didn't work. Argh!!!!!

I wouldn't have done the shop if I'd known, and now feel that they got my custom through some sort of jiggery pokery, even though they didn't!!! Feel a bit cheated, because we wouldn't have spent that much if we'd known there wouldn't be a discount.

Sorry, rant over now.

Janh Mon 25-Jul-05 11:55:08

Ring/email and complain - it wasn't your fault the total was less than £99, you should still get the credit - it'll be an automatic computer response which a human can over-ride.

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 11:56:36

Usually tesco will honour the code if the order you placed was over the amount for the code.

If the won't honour the discount, you could always ask them to come and take the order back!

BethAndHerBrood Mon 25-Jul-05 11:56:43

I have sent an email telling them i shall be taking my custom to Tesco's in future!!!

QueenOfQuotes Mon 25-Jul-05 11:57:49

Doesn't sound great - but I always go with this

"Is it really saving money if you're spending more than usual to get the money off"

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 11:59:29

the extra bits i buy to get the discount will be used anyway and it makes my shop the following week cheaper so I do save the money.
I usually order my MIL shopping at the same time so we share the discount without having to spend loads extra if I don't want to.

BethAndHerBrood Mon 25-Jul-05 11:59:56

QOQ - It was supposed to be, we were stocking up on bulky things like toilet rolls and washing powder. How can they "run out" of toilet rolls??!!

pabla Mon 25-Jul-05 12:05:22

Oh no - I've just placed an order because of this offer! Hope I have a better experience than you. I haven't used them for ages - their website didn't used to be compatible with macs. It is now but I still find it a real pain to use - half the time when I click to add an item, nothing happens.

BethAndHerBrood Mon 25-Jul-05 12:08:30

Well, good luck pabla, hope you do better than me!!

Can't believe i'm so worked up about it!! DH paid, so it's not even my money that's been spent!!!!

SoupDragon Mon 25-Jul-05 12:11:32

Tescos definitely honour the voucher based on the original order value.

SaintGeorge Mon 25-Jul-05 13:43:28

From Asda's Terms and Conditions:

"What happens if I use an eVoucher, but the product stated isn't available?
If the product was ordered, but unavailable at the time of picking your order, the value of the eVoucher will still be deducted from your order."

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 14:08:27

Well done for finding that SG, BAHB will be relieved to know!

SaintGeorge Mon 25-Jul-05 14:10:54

Double check your order though BaHB - vouchers don't always show on the final bill even if they have been deducted.

Compare the amount on the bill to the actual amount debited from your card, you might find they are different.

BethAndHerBrood Mon 25-Jul-05 15:08:32

Well, I've just had an email back from Asda.

I have recieved the discount, but it doesn't show on the thing the delivery man gives you

"I have looked further into your account details and it appears that you choose not to have substitutes. This is the reason as to why the store are not substituting your unavailable products. At the same time I accept that their is no excuse for the level of unavailable items you have experienced"
Cut and pasted this off the email they sent. "their is no excuse" Argh!!!!!!!!
And my fault, obviously, for ordering stuff not on the shelves!!!! And the reason I don't want substitutes is because I once ordered a packet of cooked ham, and was sent billy bear!!!!!

I can feel a scream coming on!!!!!!!

QueenOfQuotes Mon 25-Jul-05 15:09:42

Don't know about with Asda, but with Tesco you can select what subsitution you want them to send if your 1st choice isn't available.

SaintGeorge Mon 25-Jul-05 15:13:21

You can't choose specific substitutes with Asda but they do bag them all together, clearly labelled as substitutes and give you the opportunity to go through them before the driver leaves. Any you aren't happy with, you send back.

madmarchhare Mon 25-Jul-05 15:13:32

Billy bear 'meat' <shudders at thought>

moondog Mon 25-Jul-05 15:23:42

Is billy bear 'meat' that creepy two tone stuff shaped like a teddy?????

Who in the name of buggery buys it?????

BethAndHerBrood Mon 25-Jul-05 15:26:17

Yep, that's the stuff!!!

My mother thinks it's a treat to buy the kid's it!!!

Lovely woman, my mother.

spursmum Mon 25-Jul-05 15:27:50

I've thought of buying it but my 3 year old ds just shot me a "if you think i'm eating that, you'll be wearing it" kind of look. I have been warned!!!

moondog Mon 25-Jul-05 15:29:02

lol!!!!!

I have actually laughed out loud when looking at that stuff in a horrified, verging on hysteria sort of way!

QueenOfQuotes Mon 25-Jul-05 15:30:28

this ????

spursmum Mon 25-Jul-05 15:32:11

Thats the evil stuff!!

moondog Mon 25-Jul-05 15:32:36

OMG
Even more terrifying in close up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now