Advanced search

Plug adaptor to use US plug in the UK

(7 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Sun 24-Jul-05 08:45:18

Message withdrawn

Roobie Sun 24-Jul-05 09:08:30

I picked mine up in our local bag shop - it was on that rotating rack you often see in bag shops etc with all the travel gadgets and accessories.

SoupDragon Sun 24-Jul-05 09:10:24

Dh got his from Ebay. We also bought one from Boots but this wouldn't fit his iPod charger. Does your DHs have just a standard US round plug on the end? Might still have the Boots one somewhere.

SofiaAmes Sun 24-Jul-05 14:31:09

Is it dual voltage? If so you just need an adapter. They sell them at ASDA.
If you need a transformer, then I think ASDA does them too for about £10.

Yorkiegirl Mon 25-Jul-05 18:22:48

Message withdrawn

SofiaAmes Mon 25-Jul-05 18:50:02

If you look on the cube thing that plugs in, it should say whether INPUT is 100-240V or just 110V. If it's the former (most likely), you don't need a tranformer, just a cheap thing that converts the american prongs to english prongs.

Skribble Tue 26-Jul-05 23:25:46

Matalan on the Travel Blue rack "British Adaptor" should be near the suitcases and hoilday stuff. Takes the round pins and the prongs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: