Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone use maclaren volo?

(9 Posts)
hazlinh Sat 23-Jul-05 16:13:42

am currently using graco citilite but am thinking of getting volo now as dd is 1 and a half and i reckon the umbrella folding action will save me some space in the car, as i commute with her twice daily. should i go for it? or not? anyone use it and like it? or otherwise..?

vickiyumyum Sat 23-Jul-05 16:18:20

hey i've used them all (buggies that is) i found the volo to be great if your little one doesn't fall asleep in th buggy as no recline so they look really awkward if they fall asleep.

it is fantastically lightweight and folds really small and has a carry strap. if you are on a budget you can always pick these up on ebay and other websites really cheap.

vickiyumyum Sat 23-Jul-05 16:21:09

heres a link to the kiddicare one volo#

GirlySquare Sat 23-Jul-05 16:39:29

Hiya, I'm really pleased with the Volo, its even lighter and more compact than my Techno XT. I got both from Kiddicare. The Volo's mesh fabric is great when the weather is really hot. I recently bought an accessory pack including sun canopy, raincover and seat liner from Boots (don't know why Kiddicare don't do it) have a look at Boots Volo Accessory Pack . Hope this helps.

bran Sat 23-Jul-05 16:53:34

I have one in addition to my 3-wheeler, I wouldn't recommend it as your only pushchair but as a second one it's great. It's very lightweight, if I take ds on the tube I can lift the pushchair with him still in it or it's easy to fold one-handed and sling it over my shoulder. It's still quite long when folded so it takes up almost the full width of my boot, but it's very narrow so it would quite easily fit in the footwell of the back seat if I had something big in the boot.

One word of warning is that because it's so light you can't hook many bags over the handles before it tips backwards (although my ds is still quite small so it wouldn't be so bad with a bigger child).

julies11 Thu 11-Aug-05 16:44:49

what is the material like in the volvo is it cotton or is it like the old strippy buggies plastic

NannyL Fri 12-Aug-05 19:11:58

As a nanny i have used SOOOO many buggies and the volo is by far my all tiem FAV buggy!

so light and easy and comfy to push!

IlanaK Fri 12-Aug-05 19:28:47

I have a Volo as a second pushchair. I got it for my then almost 3 year old as I needed sonething lightweight and good for buses. I also used it as a second pushchiar for my second son. However, I have recently found the lack of recline a total pain so have gone and bought a Mamas and Papas pulse. If you do not ever need a recline, then it is a wonderful puschiar. Actually, the one other thing I don't like baout it is the brake. It is not very strong.

Hulababy Fri 12-Aug-05 19:48:28

Volo material is like a mesh fabric. Great in the summer as it stops children sweating so much and lets the air circulate.

We love our Volo. So lgight and easy to take away with us anywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now