Talk

Advanced search

Pinot Grigio - is £3.79 a good price?

(8 Posts)
Milliways Sat 23-Jul-05 15:14:55

Just been shopping (Aldi) & they had a job lot of Pinot Grigio at £3.79/bottle. Now I'm usually a Chardonnay girl for White wine, & only know this brand from various chat threads here, so though i'd give it a go (tonight).

At that price, if I like it, should I stock up?

snafu Sat 23-Jul-05 15:15:56

Yes! I like PG very much, more than Chardonnay.

soapbox Sat 23-Jul-05 15:18:42

Not a very good price really - look at tescos you can get it for £2.85 a bottle - that one would suit you extremely well as it is a mix of chardonny and PG. I've tasted it at a BBQ and it is very nice

Janh Sat 23-Jul-05 15:22:28

Sainsburys have Blossom Hill Pinot Grigio at 3.99 atm, normally 4.99, so if you like the Aldi one defo worth stocking up (if you can manage not to work your way through it on a daily basis! I only buy 1 bottle at a time because I have no willpower )

Milliways Sat 23-Jul-05 15:22:44

Ta Snafu & Soapbox. Our Tescos is on the other side of town here though!

Must admit, I prefer red, and we stock up in France, but chilled dry white wine hits the spot on a hot day

snafu Sat 23-Jul-05 15:24:25

Pinot Grigio is a lovely wine on a summer's day, imo. Much nice than those samey old Chardonnays - very gluggable

Milliways Sat 23-Jul-05 15:25:34

Thanks everyone

Janh Sat 23-Jul-05 15:29:05

We had a lovely French one the other day but from Booths so probably no use unless you're in the NW!

I don't normally drink white either but somebody brought us this one - it's called Domaine de Pellehaut, vins de pays des cotes de gascogne, a blend of 5 grapes - Chardonnay, Sauvignon, Colombard, Gros Manseng and Ugni-blanc (pardon?) - and it's v v summery and nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now