Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Air Conditioning Units

(6 Posts)
Louise1970 Fri 22-Jul-05 23:08:09

In this heat, how do you all manage. I have 4 neighbours backing onto my house as i live on a corner plot. All their kids have grown up but still live at home. so they are out in the garden talking til late. There voices carry loudly and wake my ds1 and dd2 as i keep the windows open for air. They also have fans on but still doe not make very much difference. My ds1 room is quite small so the air does not circulate very well. So the only thing i can think of is to buy a portable air con. Does anyone have one, is it quite, is it cheap to run, etc. Don't worry I am not expecting many replies..

Louise1970 Fri 22-Jul-05 23:09:58

Ps i have moved to the country recently and find that everyoe commutes. SO by the time they get home from work, they decide to mow the bloody lawn between 7.30 and 9.30.

mmmmchocolate Fri 22-Jul-05 23:10:34

going to follow this as ver interested! live in 2nd floor flat beside road......

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 23:10:52

PIL had a prtsable one ande i dont know how much it cost or how much to run but it did keep their upstairs cool. they now have full air conditioning upstairs.

my parents have a portable air cooler and its noisey but effective.

meggymoo Fri 22-Jul-05 23:12:26

Message withdrawn

meggymoo Fri 22-Jul-05 23:14:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now