Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

kitchens direct - any experience?

(18 Posts)
zubb Fri 22-Jul-05 11:46:40

Has anyone dealt with kitchens direct? I requested a brochure from them and they have just called to see if I want them to come round.
Thanks,

zubb Fri 22-Jul-05 12:48:40

anyone?

moozoboozo Fri 22-Jul-05 12:50:55

My Mum had dealings with them, and I think she had trouble, but that doesn't mean to say you will.

zubb Fri 22-Jul-05 12:54:13

thanks moozoboozo - I've never heard of them just came across them while googling so thought I'd get a brochure, so any experiences are useful to hear about.

poppy101 Fri 22-Jul-05 12:55:48

A friends mother mentioned that they were really expensive for her and had a few problems with them.

zubb Fri 22-Jul-05 13:22:03

thanks poppy, not looking good for them is it

alicatsg Fri 22-Jul-05 13:30:28

yes I did - don't touch em with a bargepole, very aggressive sales team, shoddy result (they ripped off the coving in the kitchen and a chunk of plaster and refused to repair the damage and left loads of bits of junk after thety'd done)

zubb Fri 22-Jul-05 14:05:49

thanks alicatsg - think my minds made up then!

cori Fri 22-Jul-05 14:23:53

Yeah, we had a guy round, took hours and seemed very expensive.
I am having kitchen fitted with the English Kitchen Company next week.
Does anyone have any experience with them.?

zubb Fri 22-Jul-05 14:25:23

not heard of them cori - let us know what they are like though,

pouchofdouglas Fri 22-Jul-05 14:38:46

Message withdrawn

BareFootAngel Fri 22-Jul-05 14:42:14

we had kd at our old house it cost 3000.00!which we paid,,on time every month [credit deal stupid me!] when we got into debt we asked how much we owed we had paid just under 3000.000 still owed 3000,000!!!!!!! naughty bad people stupid stupid me!kitchen was quite nice actually but not worth 6.000!!!!!!read the small print and credit amount please!!

BareFootAngel Fri 22-Jul-05 14:43:02

dh says next time he will buy and fit himself

zubb Fri 22-Jul-05 14:49:46

Haven't tried Ikea yet POD. Went into Jones and Co the other day but they have changed all our plans and the architect isn't happy with them! Got Creative Kitchens coming round next week (they're near Tescos), and just been looking for other options.
Need the kitchen and the utility done, and its not all standard sizes, so we need help planning it all at the moment.
Want a solid beech plain style (shaker-ish) door and there don't seem to be a huge choice of beech doors around.
Might take you up on your offer POD!

pouchofdouglas Fri 22-Jul-05 19:52:57

Message withdrawn

Ladymuck Fri 22-Jul-05 20:00:29

I used Kitchen's Direct. It was a bit of a hard sales call, but I was happy with the price we negotiated (with all the usual scams - discount if we let people view, calls to manager wrangling extra discount etc etc) and with the design of the kitchen.

Thought that the product was fairly good quality for the price.

Installation was very good - old kitchen removed and new one installed with fitted appliances etc in 3 days. Got a local builder to do the tiling and decorating as KD would have been expensive.

Don't take a credit agreement with them - far too expensive. After sales also a bit ropey - telephone number where you only ever got an answerphone (though they did phone back eventually!).

peaceandlight Fri 22-Jul-05 20:30:09

i have heard bad reports about them

zubb Fri 22-Jul-05 23:13:57

P of D - not tried them yet - heard that they may be a bit more pricey than the others.
Thanks ladymuck - good to hear a positive report.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now