Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Decided I *NEED* a Maclaren techno XT

(12 Posts)
Mojomummy Thu 21-Jul-05 09:39:05

but do I really ?? DD is 2, we have a pliko, which is great, apart from the hood/sunshade etc. SO, having seen the fab hood on the maclaren AND the lovely sun visor, I think this is the way to go...but is it ? am I getting carried away, will we get much use out of it ? Are they sturdy/comfortable etc ?

Blondeinlondon Thu 21-Jul-05 10:28:05

I have a techno classic but just bought a quest. I wouldn't bother with the techno unless you want the seat to go completely flat

lynny70 Thu 21-Jul-05 10:41:31

Message deleted

Mojomummy Thu 21-Jul-05 13:15:45

Oooo, better log on to boots then. I had my eye on the old model s it's £100. But Boots sounds like a good deal - thanks

Mojomummy Thu 21-Jul-05 13:17:59

also, yes did want it to lie completely flat.

We had a walk along the beach front recently in the aria, poor DD's legs were hanging over the edge & the sunshade was ABSOLUTE rubbish. Very keen on the technos sunshade & the plastic visa

Just concerned I won't get wear out of it for her though ? Do you think they are better than the pliko P3's ?

WigWamBam Thu 21-Jul-05 13:18:21

Bear in mind that it may not be long before your dd doesn't want to use the pushchair any more ... my dd last sat in a pushchair when she was 2.5, so you may find that you don't get enough use out of it to make it worth while.

Mojomummy Thu 21-Jul-05 13:43:43

yes that's what's stopping me at the moment. What do you do when on hols, or for strolls ? I guess you still need to take something light, but comfortable if they want to have a nap ?

Oh, gonna buy it, not gonna buy it !

MrsDoolittle Thu 21-Jul-05 13:45:28

Don't know if it's me being pathetic. I have a pliko which I love, I had the carrycot on it up till dd was 6 months. Now she is 15 months and she seems to be getting awfully heavy in it!!

WigWamBam Thu 21-Jul-05 13:48:17

When we're on holiday or strolling, dd walks, and she hasn't needed a nap since she was about 18 months old. I guess we've been pretty lucky in that she has always been a good walker; it means everything has always been done at a snail's pace though!

Mojomummy Thu 21-Jul-05 13:49:49

DD is almost 25 mths & about 27lbs & pushing her to the toddler group gives me good excercise. The Maclaren is only about a 1lb lighter than the pliko, so probably not much difference in terms of pushing them around ?

kbaby Sun 24-Jul-05 22:05:27

I bought the maclaren xt for hols and even though its light the sunshade doesnt really cover much apart from her face and chest so we still need a parasola anyway. Also I find the shopping basket very hard to get anything in or out and its hard to recline.
Sorry to give you such bad news. I bought it because I fancied a new buggy but wished I had got something else now.

Frenchy72 Tue 26-Jul-05 11:34:19

Very much agree with Kbaby! this pushchair is a nightmare. I used it for 3 months and then bought another one. both bought on www.Kiddicare.com with amazing discount. for the sun I bought a 'Shade a Babe' thing, which is the only efficient shade in my opinion in case of holiday in a sunny country like Spain.
hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now