Talk

Advanced search

Are the Fisher Price Little People toys all they're cracked up to be?

(16 Posts)
LouiseT Wed 20-Jul-05 20:04:24

Some of my friends have loads of them for their toddlers (18months and beyond) and rave about them. What do you think? How about ELC Happy Land instead? Thanks.

Socci Wed 20-Jul-05 20:08:28

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Wed 20-Jul-05 20:08:50

DS loves his Little People toys - has done for months (he's 15mo). He picks them up and kisses them now

hunkermunker Wed 20-Jul-05 20:09:08

What do your children like best though, Socci?

TwoIfBySea Wed 20-Jul-05 20:45:36

Well, dst are now 3 1/2 and still bring out some of their Little People toys to play with along with some of their older toys. I haven't yet been able to get rid of their garage as they are too fond of it, at the moment it is currently base for their Star Wars toys.

So I would say well worth the money.

I've been quite disappointed by the price and (lack of) quality in ELC toys to be truthful.

Hulababy Wed 20-Jul-05 20:54:14

DD has Happy Land. Got in when she was about 12-18 months and built on it since. DD is now 3y 3m and she still plays with it lots. Infact I would say she plays with it all much more so now, has proper little comnnversations witht he people and all the buildings/vehicles to make a proper adventure.

My friend's DS has some Little People, but I presonally prefered the look and feel of the Happy Land.

ELC also do a pirate ship and a palace, not Happy Land but same size people and characters. We have both and they form part of DD's Happy Land collection and fit it easily.

Socci Wed 20-Jul-05 21:13:24

Message withdrawn

dinny Wed 20-Jul-05 21:15:00

ooh, my two love their Little People farm and garage. I do too - remind me of being little!

Hulababy Wed 20-Jul-05 21:15:18

I agree Socci. Also think that this might be why DD still plays with all of her HL so much now too. She will literally play for a good hour or more, on her own, lost in her own little world of HL. I love to watch it all, although scary when the mum of the house sounds a bit too much like me

Nemo1977 Wed 20-Jul-05 21:17:19

my ds[21mths] has a load of little people stuff and got it for xmas..most i got 2nd hand on ebay. Its great and when i set it up he plays with it all day. He particualrly loves the castle,garage and building things.

hunkermunker Wed 20-Jul-05 21:18:33

I was joking, Socci! You said you preferred Happy Land yourself...

eidsvold Thu 21-Jul-05 04:29:00

not seen happy land but my two ( almost 3 and 8 months ) have been playing with the FP Little people bus and they love it..... as it was borrowed from the toy library, I have now bought them their own - was on sale in big toy sale.

bobbybob Thu 21-Jul-05 05:02:21

Ds totally went off Little People when he started to "get" imaginative play. he uses the LP garage but uses his matchbox cars, the LP ones don't go fast enough down the ramp apparently. Lost interest in train when he got a wooden Thomas train that you make yourself.

I think that the manufacturers claim of 1 year to 5 years might be pushing it. I'd say 1-2.5 max.

maybe I'd be more keen if I was having another child, as they are something that a baby and a preschooler could play with simultaneously.

Sell well on Ebay though!

GeorginaA Thu 21-Jul-05 19:17:14

Another Happyland fan here - much nicer quality and cheaper too!

lilaclotus Thu 21-Jul-05 19:20:18

i like both happy land and little people. one of the most durable toys we've bought. we got some when she was 6 months and now at 4 she's still playing with them and they are still very much intact.

lilaclotus Thu 21-Jul-05 19:22:32

sorry not at 6 months... 18 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now