Talk

Advanced search

What does a baby boy wear to a wedding

(24 Posts)
Littlemermaid Wed 20-Jul-05 20:00:15

Any ideas ? DS will be 10 months at my cousins wedding next month. Don't want to put him in a suit (trousers, jacket) as he's only a baby. Just starting to appreciate how much of a nightmare boys clothing can be, makes me wish for a girl ! The wedding is a highland affair so could put him in a kilt (oh joy) do they come that small ? Would that look cute or a bit odd ?

zubb Wed 20-Jul-05 20:03:54

just a smart pair of trousers or shorts and a short sleeved shirt. At that age they can wear anything really.

tiffini Wed 20-Jul-05 20:04:16

I would'nt worry too much avout what he wears, as long as he is clean.

And if it's hot put shorts and a t-shirt on, people will understand, in fact probably will not batter an eye lid.

Bethron Wed 20-Jul-05 20:04:32

Message withdrawn

Mosschops30 Wed 20-Jul-05 20:25:04

Message withdrawn

Tipex Wed 20-Jul-05 20:35:23

just took 5m ds to a wedding and he wore collored babgro vest from Gap, linen trousers from next and a waistcoat from monsoon. Thought he looked the bees knees and has certainly worn all but the waistcoat again so not a huge waste of cash. shame your ds not a bit younger I'd have sent you the waistcoat!

bobbybob Wed 20-Jul-05 20:44:37

Plain things always look smarter/more formal than the usual baby clothes with logos and pictures of animals, trains, cars etc.

Ds was christened at this age and he wore a little shirt and some very comfy plain shorts and a pair of sandals. It was really hot.

chicagomum Wed 20-Jul-05 21:46:52

vertbaudet catalogue do georgeous clothes for kids for weddings etc

chicagomum Wed 20-Jul-05 21:48:51

don't know how easy it would be to find a kilt that small, would prob have to get it made (v. expensive - my father had one made for my wedding in the "family" tartan and it was £700 pounds - obviously he's much bigger, but i think even a small one would be expensive)

roosmum Wed 20-Jul-05 21:49:27

lovely smart stuff in monsoon - ds wore some cord trousers & a cute striped monsoon shirt for a wedding in may, which he's worn several times so not a waste IMO.

Nemo1977 Wed 20-Jul-05 21:53:29

i had my son in light trousers from next and a small shirt when he was 10mths at a wedding last aug.

Tommy Wed 20-Jul-05 21:57:11

I always think dungarees look gorgeous on baby boys! I think DS1 wore some to a wedding when he was about 6m. TBH, I bet everyone will think he's gorgeous whatever he's wearing

WestCountryLass Wed 20-Jul-05 22:10:56

You can get nice sets in M & S, like maybe shorts and a shirt.

Dannie Wed 20-Jul-05 22:26:05

DS2, who's 20 months, has been to a couple of weddings this summer wearing a pair of smart shorts from Next and an African print shirt. The bright colours have the added advantage of making him easy to spot when he runs off!

Bozza Wed 20-Jul-05 22:32:13

For an August wedding I would go for smart shorts (ie not denim or patterned - linen might be a good idea and keep him cool) and a short sleeved shirt without a logo/picture. And bare feet (assuming its warm enough)

When my sister got married DS wore trousers, short sleeved white shirt and lilac tie (on elastic) and waistcoat and looked lovely. But he was two so its a bit different.

sorrel Wed 20-Jul-05 23:01:12

what about this tartan hoody?
here
only joking LM

nannyjo Wed 20-Jul-05 23:10:20

a toddler in a kilt looks lovely but a baby boy in a kilt would look like a girl i reckon.

Stilltrue Wed 20-Jul-05 23:14:03

Go to the Monsoon sale - great stuff for little boys.

Littlemermaid Thu 21-Jul-05 09:08:25

Thanks for your replies.

I like the idea of the shorts more comfortable for a summer wedding than a suit will check out Next and Monsoon today. I did think the kilt thing was an odd idea but grandma thought it would look special !!!

Skribble Sat 23-Jul-05 23:40:16

The Edinburgh Woollen mill sell small kilts for about £13 not sure what size they start at DS has had a few from there over the years. We hired the full kit for DS for my wedding he was nearly 2 again not sure what size they start at.

kilt £25
maybe a bit big £16
other than that a wee pair of shorts and a smart looking shirt would look great.

nailpolish Sat 23-Jul-05 23:45:30

wouldnt advise a kilt - would be too much faffing around, too many layers and he wouldnt be comfy, which i think is important for you and him. just get him something gorgeous that he can wear again, say from vertbaudet

have fun!

Flossam Sat 23-Jul-05 23:51:15

I went with Zubb's idea and brought that for DS. Oh, before I was told DS wasn't actually really welcome . Hope yours is better!

Skribble Sun 24-Jul-05 00:36:49

The kids kilts are actually quite light weight and don't really have layers.

jabberwocky Sun 24-Jul-05 01:43:46

I think a kilt would be terrific. Of course, this comes from a mother who has had a son perpetually dressed in Hawaiian shirts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now