Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pram/Pushchair thingy suitable from birth - where to start?!?!

(12 Posts)
Tabs Wed 20-Jul-05 19:29:55

Evening ladies. Only 12 weeks at the mo, so got lots of time to decide, but thought I would begin my baby product research with prams. How on earth do you know where to start looking and which ones are suitable for what you want? Have had a read of the reviews on MN, but they aren't very detailed.

We live in the countryside, so need something that can cope with rough country lanes (and fields if poss, but not essential).

Also must have somewhere to put bits of shopping, and be easily foldable/unfoldable, as DH is away a lot so it will all be down to me.

Have big boot so size not a big issue.

Don't want a travel system (that's what you call the ones with carseats isn't it?) as intend to get isofix car seat.

If money was no object, and given these criteria, can anyone suggest what they would pick?

Like the physical appearance of the Stokke Xplory, but doesn't look like it will cope well in the country or with shopping - can anyone confirm/disprove this theory?

vickiyumyum Wed 20-Jul-05 19:35:46

the mountain buggy terrain with carrycot would be a good buy as it is a good light weight all terrain buggy with quite a substantial basket underneath. they fold up quite flat so don't take up much room in the hallway/cupboard.

or have you looked at something more traditional like this
http://www.bebecar.co.uk/products/pushchairs/stylo/index.htm\this}

i don't have any experience of the stokke, but they don't look very all terrain iyswim.

oh and by the way congratulations.
or \link{

vickiyumyum Wed 20-Jul-05 19:37:02

the mountain buggy terrain with carrycot would be a good buy as it is a good light weight all terrain buggy with quite a substantial basket underneath. they fold up quite flat so don't take up much room in the hallway/cupboard.

or have you looked at something more traditional like \link
{http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/travel/traveloptions/signature.htm\this} or this

this

i don't have any experience of the stokke, but they don't look very all terrain iyswim.

oh and by the way congratulations.
or \link{

vickiyumyum Wed 20-Jul-05 19:37:23

bugger my links not working tonight.
sorry

kama Wed 20-Jul-05 19:37:50

Message withdrawn

Heathcliffscathy Wed 20-Jul-05 19:40:46

you've probably considered this and decided that you still absolutely need one that works from birth, but i wish someone had told me that i would never ever use the buggy until ds was at least 3 months. he spent the whole time in our front infant carrier (a kelty kangaroo: superb) and both he and we were much happier that way until he was a bit bigger, by which time there was a much better choice of buggy.

otherwise, i have a bad shoulder so bought an Aria as it was super light and can be used from birth.

kama Wed 20-Jul-05 19:43:19

Message withdrawn

Tabs Wed 20-Jul-05 19:46:44

I haven't considered anything yet ladies - this is my first foray into the world of baby products, so all suggestions gratefully received.

Sophable - a front infant carrier is one of those sling type things that lets you actually carry the baby on your chest yes? Did you really not need a buggy at all before then? Anyone else found this too?

lapsedrunner Wed 20-Jul-05 19:54:40

If you live in the country I would buy a front carrier (I loved my Baby Bjorn) for the first few months then a really good light weight three wheeler (with a fixed wheel, not a trendy "town" version, no doubt I have just insulted a few people!). I have an Instep 10km Ultimate which I bought from www.kiddicare.com.

Heathcliffscathy Wed 20-Jul-05 20:26:25

tabs, they are tiny, they want to feel human warmth, leaves both your hands free but they aren't too heavy. 3 months is 12 weeks and goes by v quickly and you won't be out that much for the first few imo....

everyone's different, but if i could have my time again, i'd have waited and got a buggy that would see me through to toddlerhood, and for countryside you do want a lightweight 3 wheeler and they are not cheap.

darwin Thu 21-Jul-05 03:37:57

hi we got a micralite buggy after we got a dog (for baby!), its really light, folds up small easily (one hand) and really easy to push on rough terrain. suitable from 3 months but you can get the pram bit too ( some babies sleep in this instead of moses basket).expensive at 170 at mothercare but 10% off if you open an account. good luck !

Tabs Thu 21-Jul-05 10:10:25

Any morning MN'ers want to chip in with their thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now