Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

E3 Cocoon for newborn

(14 Posts)
Chuffed Wed 20-Jul-05 09:27:50

Sorry another E3 question but the cocoon for the newborn that sits under the toddler seat in the front - could that work as sort of a travel cot for a newborn if you were travelling with the buggy?
Has anybody done this?

geogteach Wed 20-Jul-05 10:03:35

It is quite warm and cosy, so would be suitable to sleep in but probably too warm for this time of year. They also grow out of it very quickly, unless you are having an autumn / winter baby I wouldn't bother with it.

Chuffed Wed 20-Jul-05 10:20:49

It will be a January baby but we are going to be travelling around Eastern Europe during April/May so thought we might be able to use it for the baby sleeping at night as well.

geogteach Thu 21-Jul-05 09:56:31

Probably will be too big by then, I think we stopped using it at about 3 months, if you are really interested I may be prepared to sell my charcoal one (need to ask DH)

Millie1 Thu 21-Jul-05 10:24:08

Agree wtih Geogteach - my DS was out of the cocoon by 11 wks; also it's a very slender/narrow fit so tbh I'd be concerned that it would be too small for a baby to sleep overnight in. HTH

Chuffed Thu 21-Jul-05 12:23:09

Thanks for the feedback may have to sleep baby in blankets in the top of the pushchair.
How easy it is to fold the pushchair with the 2 seats on it. Do you have to take one off?
We're going to have a look this weekend to get a feel for it all.

bluebear Thu 21-Jul-05 12:32:45

You can fold it if you have it in the baby+sibling position but if it's in sibling/sibling you have to unclip the rear add-on seat and clip it on to the front (or just shove it in the boot seperately) - only takes a second.
We put a standard pram mattress on the lie-back baby hammocky seat thing (technical terms for our babe and put pram blankets over her - very snuggly and much more space than the cocoon.
I agree that he/she will have out grown the cocoon by April.
You could try a grobag/baby sleeping bag on the baby and let him/her sleep in the flat buggy seat?

motherpeculiar Thu 21-Jul-05 12:44:21

BlueBear, how do you secure the baby in without the cocoon?

DD2 just growing out of the cocoon now and wondering about this

agree that they grow out very quickly - that said the cocoon is great for those early weeks

afraid I haven't figured folding out myself yet, and as for all the bits and pieces in the rain cover - yikes

bluebear Thu 21-Jul-05 12:52:03

ummm.....I didn't secure her ...but then I never worked out how to secure her brother in his big Mamas and Papas pram when he was a baby.. She was too little to roll herself. She moved into the add-on seat at about 6 months and was strapped in securely then.

<<<runs off to the bad mother corner>>>

elliott Thu 21-Jul-05 13:15:47

yes, I used it a lot as a daytime bed when ds2 was very little.

motherpeculiar Thu 21-Jul-05 19:16:30

didn't mean to embarrass you Bluebear - it did strike me that people with pram thingies don't secure their babies and so it was pretty much the same thing. It only occurred to me as we have some steep steps up to our front door and the newborn bit swings a bit erratically as I struggle to get the buggy up them.

So I think you should come out of your bad mums corner, although you might be having lots of wicked fun in there....

RosiePosie Wed 03-Aug-05 15:50:34

I have another cocoon question, so thought I'd continue on this thread, rather than start a new one.
Baby is due end Feb, beginning of March - I tend to have quite small babies, do you think the cocoon would be too warm by April/May?

Bagpuss30 Thu 04-Aug-05 07:46:17

I would say, get a lambskin buggy liner and a nice fleecy blanket. ds2 is 4 weeks old and we have just made do with these rather than the cocoon. I still waver as to whether to buy it as it gets cooler but as others have said, they don't last long. At least with a liner and blanket you could use them after you move out of the newborn configuration. HTH

alfypalfy Sun 07-Aug-05 16:37:30

"geogteach"
have you still got the cocoon for sale i am willing to buy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now