Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

simple pc address book

(13 Posts)
Prufrock Tue 19-Jul-05 21:14:59

Can anyone recommend a simple method of storing all my contats on my Pc, and being able to print off address labels, look up phone numbers etc. I'm just about to send out all my change of adress cards and owuld love to not have to handwrite lots of envelopes. and do them again at Xmas.

cadbury Tue 19-Jul-05 21:16:56

I was looking for something like this the other day so I'll be watching to see if anyone can help. I'm after a simple database like card file thingy, you know?

SenoraPostrophe Tue 19-Jul-05 21:17:49

Outlook (not Outlook express) has some decent contact address filing stuff. I'm not sure about priniting labels (never tried) but i am very impressed with its spam handling.

cadbury Wed 20-Jul-05 10:00:03

bump for any other ideas

Carlk Wed 20-Jul-05 10:35:42

I would also suggest outlook and the use of Word to print off what you need.

In word open a new doc then select tools; envelopes and labels; then click on the address book Icon and select from your contacts

SoupDragon Wed 20-Jul-05 10:36:29

I use Access because it came with MS Office.

Prufrock Wed 20-Jul-05 14:56:56

Soupy - how do you use access?
I've figured out how to make my data into a table, but can't work out how to do a query or form to pull out a printable address label

Prufrock Thu 21-Jul-05 20:49:22

Shameless bump.
Please - anybody. Dh is threatening to start addressing envelopes....

SenoraPostrophe Thu 21-Jul-05 20:50:47

prufrock - I can knock you up a couple of forms for querying access in about 20 mins tomorrow if you like.

send me a copy of the dbase (make a copy and blank the names), and tell me what you want to be able to search on.

SaintGeorge Thu 21-Jul-05 20:51:35

If you click on the Help within Microsoft Access and then put 'address label' in the search box, you can get full detailed instructions.

Would cut and paste for you but it is long

Prufrock Thu 21-Jul-05 21:12:56

Saintgeorge - bless you - I've just created my first page of labels!. Now all I need to do is type in the rest of my addresses.

SP thanks for the offer. I amy very well be e-mailing you in future with ridiculous little queries that I just can't work out.

SenoraPostrophe Thu 21-Jul-05 21:14:40

no prob. I used to teach access.

SoupDragon Fri 22-Jul-05 08:09:44

Sorry Prufrick - didn't see this. ANd I wouldn't have been able to help because I am self taught in Access and just fiddle about with it until it appears to do what I want - then I don't touch it for fear of ruining everything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now