Talk

Advanced search

Online DVD rental

(11 Posts)
Hulababy Mon 18-Jul-05 21:14:46

Has anyone used one of these? What do you think?

Amazon do one for £7.99 a month. 4 DVDs a minth; up to 2 at a time. free delivery (first class) and returns via pre paid envelope.

Anyione sued Amazon's? Reviews?

Trying to think of ideas for DH's birthday present!

basketcase Mon 18-Jul-05 21:17:49

we found blockbusters much cheaper as there isn’t any limit on number of DVDs hired in a month. Brilliant service, quick turn around and saved a fortune in late return fines from local video hire shop.
Saying that, just cancelled as we have now got multiroom and sky plus which is soooo brilliant. Able to record so much that we don’t get round to watching our DVDs. Might pick up the DVD rental again when the weather is cooler and staying inside more as it is good value for money.

GeorginaA Mon 18-Jul-05 21:18:54

I use LoveFilm.com and think they're brilliant (although we did have a blip in transfering my switch card across when the old one ran out - but I think that was a software bug that has since been fixed). Unlimited number of DVDs a month. 1 disk at a time is £9.99 or 2 at a time for £12.99 so a bit more pricey - but then you don't have a monthly limit (and even on my 1 disk at a time subscription I easily get through 2 in a week - so 4 a month limit would REALLY bug me).

Hulababy Mon 18-Jul-05 21:20:11

DH keeps complaining that there is nothing on Box Office worth wattching.

Will look at Blockbuster. Is there a good long list of all sorts to rent? How quick is the posting out?

misdee Mon 18-Jul-05 21:21:44

i used sainsburys dvd rental. its £14 roughly a month but i go throught upto 12 a month. can have 3 at a time.

GeorginaA Mon 18-Jul-05 21:23:10

Ooo also, lovefilm pretty much have every disk that's released in the UK including all the old stuff (I got recommended it by a friend who was really into Bollywood which none of the mainstream ones had at the time). Posting out is very quick, as I say, I easily get through 2 a week on my 1 disk at a time subscription.

We've currently been going through series - Alias at the moment (because we were never organised enough to remember to watch it on tv). We went through a "let's watch all the old Clint Eastwood movies" phase. Yet they still seem to have a decent quantity of the new releases to send out.

fairydust Mon 18-Jul-05 21:24:10

we use tesco and have found the range of films and turn around really good we have the three films for £13.97 which is also unlimited for the month which comes with two weeks free rental.

Have also used lovefilm and got messed around with them - they kept sending the same ones out time and time agian.

Hulababy Mon 18-Jul-05 21:27:02

Cheers all; will have a look.

Socci Mon 18-Jul-05 21:29:58

Message withdrawn

Katherine Mon 18-Jul-05 21:32:51

We use amazon. I can see if you watch loads and loads then one of the unlimited ones would be better but I'm pretty happy with 6 for 9.99. Tend to get one for the kids for a fortnight and then one a week for me and DH. Do that twice in a month and we don't get chance to watch anything more. Find them really quick. Had one film that was scatched and the replacement came the following day. Also had one blip when Harry Potter turned out to be Closer!!!!! Good thing I spotted that one but at least we got a free film from it. I think these subscriptions are much better than paying nightly, especially for kids films when they want to watch them for about a month!

nell12 Mon 18-Jul-05 22:07:38

Blockbuster are ace, new DVDs arrive within 48hrs of one being returned, we are on at least 10 a month and the website is completely tired-mum friendly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now