Talk

Advanced search

"Batman Set" - any playtested recommends around £10?

(6 Posts)
GeorginaA Mon 18-Jul-05 12:26:24

My ds1 has decided that for his next sticker chart goal he would like a "Batman Set". I get the impression what he's after is some sort of action figure and car/bike but I'm struggling to find something suitable and that I think he would enjoy playing with.

Are there any recommends? Ds1 is 4 years old and the budget for rewards is around the £10 mark (takes him about a month to earn it, so I've got some time to find something good, lol). He knows nothing about the batman story, he's just seen a lot of backpacks etc around nursery with batman emblasoned on them, and he's been a superhero nut ever since incredibles... so I don't care if it's film/comic book/cartoon/whatever related. Just around £10!

GeorginaA Mon 18-Jul-05 13:34:16

Bump.

I can't be the ONLY mother with a batman fan, can I?!

SoupDragon Mon 18-Jul-05 13:43:20

Haven't got any toys but, having browsed the Toys R Us website, if I were buying for DS2 I'd go for one of these. The batcopter is out of stock here but the batcycle is in stock. Could prob get them in store anyway.

These and these look good too but wondered if there were too many loose parts.

mrsflowerpot Mon 18-Jul-05 13:45:54

No, no you're not, but we are having a merciful reprieve from Batman at the moment thanks to new obsession with Star wars, which is frankly starting to wear a bit thin...

I got ds (also 4) a Batman with what I am told is a 'grapple' ie cable line kit so he can swoop and swing around from Asda a couple of months ago, think it was £7 or £8. Was pronounced very cool because Batman had a proper cape. They had a whole range of them with different accessories, think there was a bike too. I've seen them in a few toyshops since but as ever Asda was cheaper. You will pay a fortune for the Batmobile, though.

GeorginaA Mon 18-Jul-05 13:51:05

GAH! I got done by the soupy bat!

Agree that the non-bat one has way too many bits... I'd give it a day before one had got sucked up the hoover (okay, maybe a week... I don't hoover that often ) or ds2 chokes on it. Think ds1 would probably like the bike over the helicopter... though cars are his passion. But the cars are so pricey

Don't know where our nearest Asda is unfortunately Hmm... wonder if Tescos stock any bat stuff... didn't even think of there.

SoupDragon Mon 18-Jul-05 14:22:56

How could I not post a bat link on a batman thread??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: