Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Where can I get school trousers to fit short, stocky 4 yr old?

(6 Posts)
Magscat Sun 17-Jul-05 20:09:12

DS is only just 4. He's not particularly chubby but his natural build is short legged & broad back. Trousers have always been a bit long but now we're looking for school uniform I'm finding the 4-5 yr sizes are tight round his waist and about 3" too long.

Do I just haveto buy 5-6 yrs & take them all up?

Anyone know anywhere good?

PS - Just bought him a 2 pack of short sleeve school shirts today - £1.50 in Matalan !!

Skribble Sun 17-Jul-05 22:00:25

I think you will have to take them up, they all go by age and the bigger the waist the longer the leg. I have the opposite problem now with a lanky skinny 8yr old but managed to get trousers with adjustable elastic thing in waist band.

fqueenzebra Sun 17-Jul-05 22:08:33

Tesco has quite a rep for big-waisted trousers, worth a browse, anyway. Have heard people whinge that they are much too big in waist for most kids.

Magscat Mon 18-Jul-05 12:58:02

Thanks for that. Will try Tesco but get the needle & thread out as well !

Anyone more suggestions out there ?

Magscat Mon 18-Jul-05 20:24:57

Bump one last time before I give up & resign myself to nights of sewing!

gigglinggoblin Mon 18-Jul-05 20:32:15

asda do half elasticated waists. you will still need to take them up probably but hemming web is a marvellous invention

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: