Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Table Top Dishwasher or one i can put in a cupboard?

(9 Posts)
charliecat Sat 16-Jul-05 13:21:32

I HATE doing dishes. Can I get one that fits in a cupboard that I already have or would I need one to sit out on top...if thats the case then how does it plumb in and what is this likely to cost me..phew lots of questions!

charliecat Sat 16-Jul-05 19:24:08

Micku5 Sat 16-Jul-05 19:36:43

Hi Charliecat, I remember seeing some in Currys a while ago, there may be something on their website. Hope that helps.

Janh Sat 16-Jul-05 19:40:30

Comet have 2, charliecat - the Bosch one isn't described as tabletop though (and look at the price ).

If your kitchen cupboards are standard 60cm you could either get a fullsize integrated one (expensive) or remove a cupboard completely and put a dishwasher in instead - needs to be next to sink ideally.

charliecat Sat 16-Jul-05 20:41:39

OMG need that right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charliecat Sat 16-Jul-05 20:43:54

so how much would this cost to get plumbed in\?

Janh Sat 16-Jul-05 21:04:10

I don't know if a worktop one has to be plumbed in or if you can just connect it to the tap - oh but you've have to stand over it then to turn it off, perhaps not...

I think if I were you I'd visit a Currys/Comet/wherever superstore, have a look at an actual machine and see what the handbook says. Or if you have a local shop with staff who know their stuff, ask them.

A full-size one would be almost as cheap (you can get a basic Bosch one for just over £200) but you would have to get a cupboard taken out and plumbing and wiring fixed - do you know a good reliable plumber and/or kitchen fitter?

charliecat Sat 16-Jul-05 21:21:18

i know neither thats whatsalways stopped me before my lasck of knowledge about the whole process...but i am so so so sick of dishes...

Janh Sat 16-Jul-05 21:30:56

Well ask everybody you know for recommendations and get a couple of quotes, then you've got a starting point.

They are brill, I hated it when mine broke down recently!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now