Talk

Advanced search

Dull but urgent question about poncey mop "systems"

(11 Posts)
Caligula Sat 16-Jul-05 11:09:03

Do poncey mop systems change your life? You know the ones I mean - you pay a fortune for them and you put water in to them and then clean the floor with them. Is there any advantage to buying them over a normal Addis mop?

Got a very dirty floor and no mop at the moment, so am going to buy one today, but just wondering if I should shell out for one of those poncey ones.

Please advise!

Flossam Sat 16-Jul-05 11:12:52

I have a Flash one I think. Got it cause no space in my kitchen or flat to store a bucket. I like it, but it does require replacement pads and spray which means it isn't the cheapest method. (I use the pads for longer than they suggest though )

Caligula Sat 16-Jul-05 11:14:38

So the major benefit for you is storage? Do they actually clean the floor any better?

Flossam Sat 16-Jul-05 11:16:30

Yes it the mop head folds up so it fits in the gap next to fridge with the ironing board. It does well enough at cleaning the floor. Like all mops, sometimes you have to get down on your hands and knees for stubborn bits! It's fine.

PeachyClair Sat 16-Jul-05 11:39:10

I 'inherited' a Vileda one with the house (no squairty bit though), it was brand new and although I am usually happy with a cloth and scrubber, I found that the head is machine washable (it was worth a go as othrwise it would ahve had to be binned, and I dont hold with disposables) and therefore really easy to clean!
will buy again!

Prufrock Sat 16-Jul-05 12:35:23

I've just ordered my second one of these (somehow lost my old one in the move) cos they are brilliant - I use a spray bottle of cleaner for when the floor is very dirty, but you can get all types of floor really clean without any product - and it folds up flat and you can just shove the cloth bit under the tap or in the machine

Caligula Sat 16-Jul-05 16:15:00

Just been out and was paralysed by indecision. So I'm still mopless!

colditz Sat 16-Jul-05 16:57:13

I use a string mop and bucket, and it is fine. Better than a steam cleaner. I got them from Wilko's.

stripey Sat 16-Jul-05 20:38:53

I have a Flash one and think it is rubbish plus cost around £3 for 6 pads. I definitely think an ordinary mop and bucket clean far better but of course less convenient.

maisiemog Sat 16-Jul-05 22:49:45

I have returned two vileda active mop (I think that's what they are called) they are red, with a water container that clips on.
Both times the head snapped off, so not impressed.
We are now trialing a vileda traditional mop, but with super absorbent vileda strips, plus we bought a scrubbing brush, so we don't break any more mops.
Get down on that floor!!

mandyc66 Sat 16-Jul-05 23:21:03

I just bought a jml mop and like it!! the trouble with any mop or other houshold cleaning thingy is the fact I have to use them..cant someone think up an automatic thing so I can just say go mop the floor and i can sit and play with the little ones!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: