Advanced search

Getting a private number plate made up as you want it to look

(8 Posts)
TracyK Fri 15-Jul-05 09:04:08

I am buying my mum a private reg no for her 60ieth this year.
I think garages have to have their name along the bottom of the plates - but is there anywhere I can get one made that would say Mum is 60 or something in tiny letters?
Also if I want to do different spacing of the letters - I know not legal but everyone else seems to do it!

BarefootMama Fri 15-Jul-05 09:07:46

Funny that- I know you can get what you want along the bottom cos i have read them on plates but would not know where to start.

Today I saw 'OUIJA' like that no spaces and yeterday 'RJ 4 KF' like that - both not normal spacing and both on the road!

Just remember your mum will be 61 next year and stil have the plate!!! Good luck!

TracyK Fri 15-Jul-05 09:10:57

Ah - but next year she will want to pretend that she is still 60! plus the beginning or the number is M60 - so I wanted it to mean something iykwim.

BarefootMama Fri 15-Jul-05 09:23:39

good thinking!

serah Fri 15-Jul-05 09:37:25

My dp has "monkey business" on his reg plate for his monkey bike - I'll ask him where he got it done if you like, when he eventually drags his lazy self out of bed...... ?

TracyK Fri 15-Jul-05 09:43:43

Yes please!

serah Fri 15-Jul-05 11:17:49

Cut and paste into your address bar and it will take you to a page where you can create your own "show plate".

Minutes of endless fun!!!!

You will have to order it as a show plate, as the bottom line text is not legal.

You can always ring them and ask, as they are very helpful!

TracyK Sat 16-Jul-05 16:44:05

thanks for the info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now