Talk

Advanced search

baby bike seat - any recommendations - for 11mth old

(6 Posts)
gs Thu 14-Jul-05 11:40:48

hi there does anyone have any recommendations for child push bike seats? want something safe and fairly compact and not too expensive? many thanks

piffle Thu 14-Jul-05 11:48:58

the bobike mini is good it goes on the front of your bike which I found great!
you can probbaly find one relatively cheaply on ebay perhaps. You would also find it easy to sell on again later.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 14-Jul-05 11:52:10

Oh, I was just having a related conversation here .

The bobike mini looks cute, I've not used it before. Is the child in front of the handlebars?

I'm a fan of the centric safe haven. Costs about £60, new. It goes on the front, on the crossbar, but it has a harness and so on. It's only meant to be good from a year, but I'm sure it'd be fine for an 11-month-old.

gs Thu 14-Jul-05 12:43:42

oh both look great. which one to go for ? any ideas? pros and cons? many many thanks

bensmum3 Thu 14-Jul-05 13:02:04

I'd recommend the rhode gear seats for the rear of your bike, very safe,ds1 dropped my bike with ds2 in his seat and he was fine, easy to use and comfy for baby. Used mine since ds was 6 months, still using it every day at 2 yrs.Even tried to buy another recently to keep at grannies.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 14-Jul-05 13:02:48

I really have never seen the bobike mini, so it's hard for me to comment.

I can say the centric safe haven is easy to take on and off (although a special bar stays on), and very easy to use. It's better for a slightly higher weight (18kg vs 15kg).

I'd have a look at your local bike shop and see what they stock - fitting these isn't that easy, so unless you or your DP is a real bike fanatic, I'd go with whatever your bike shop can fit.

Also, Rhode Gear do some nice back seats, which is less cozy, but better if you want to be able to move the seat from bike to bike - they go on a standard sort of luggage rack on the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now