Talk

Advanced search

Tomy baby monitor - why has mine started beeping?

(6 Posts)
ja9 Wed 13-Jul-05 21:09:52

its beeping a bit like the start of the talking clock (iykwim!!??)

its plugged in - not batteries

Pollyanna Wed 13-Jul-05 21:17:45

Is it because it is above 25 degrees in your child's room? You can disable the bleep by taking the back off the (i think) parent's unit and flipping the switch.

Moomin Wed 13-Jul-05 21:20:51

I had a right game with my tomy monitor when we used it first of all. Yes, check the temp isn't too high in bab's room, but also make sure you're getting a good connection, i.e. your parent monitor isn't out of range. Check the band on the side of the monitor is A or B and which ever you choose it matches the baby unit. Then mess about with positioning until you stop getting the bleeping. We live in a long victorian house and i think that may have been a problem; we had to be really picky where we set up the parent unit. It was a pain, to tell the truth!

ja9 Wed 13-Jul-05 21:20:55

ahhh, could be. didnt realise it had a temperature monitor/reactor. thanks.

Lilliput Wed 13-Jul-05 21:23:02

When we dug out our tomy monitor when second baby was born it beeped continually, I phoned Tomy and discovered something was wrong with the parent unit. They do repairs or you can by replacement units for £15.

Evesmama Wed 13-Jul-05 21:43:44

you can switch the temp beeper off if you take the back off.hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now