Talk

Advanced search

Small Peter Pan theme figurines?

(11 Posts)
Blu Tue 12-Jul-05 16:08:47

Suitable for cake decorations? DS was heard describing what he fondly imagines will be his birthday cake to my Mum last night - 'a treasure island cake with a little green peter pan flying across the top fighting with captain hook'.

It is too late to get anything off the 'net unless they can deliver by Fri...has anyone seen little plastic peter pans? I can improvise with our ELC captain Hook....

SoupDragon Tue 12-Jul-05 16:25:32

Disney store?

Blu Tue 12-Jul-05 16:28:33

They have a 6" one with light and sound, apparantly - that may have to do.

I could make the cake, and have the light and sound PP hung from the ceiling above, as if flying down, I suppose?

SoupDragon Tue 12-Jul-05 16:31:16

pmsl... Sounds a bit big for a cake decoration though Sorry, the idea of hanging him from the ceiling above the cake makes me giggle!

Do they have any PP keyrings youcould take the keyring off?

tamum Tue 12-Jul-05 16:33:16

Blu, we have a Peter Pan Polly Pocket thing with tiny Peter Pan, Tinerbell, Pirate ship et al. The PP figure is about 1 cm tall, I would say. Would it be any good? Dd still plays with it, but I am more than happy (nay, delighted) to send it on for BoyBlu's cake

Blu Tue 12-Jul-05 16:35:40

tamum - genius! yes please - we will take care of it, send you a photo of the cake, and send them all back safely. i'll e you my address now.

Oooooh, I love MN!

Am still quite tempted by flying PP - but suspect that it would look ridiculous in RL!

Blu Thu 14-Jul-05 14:10:35

Tamum! thay have arrived! Thank you s-o-o-o-o much. I was really touched by the lovely card from your two, as well, bless them!
Am feeling quite emotional about the importance of kindness on MN today.

tamum Thu 14-Jul-05 22:20:20

Oh, fantastic, Blu. I was just looking for this thread to bump it because I'd just watched Dispatches being none too complimentary about your local sorting office and was a bit worried! I meant to say, if BoyBlu takes a fancy to them don't feel you have to send them back. Hope he has a lovely birthday

Blu Thu 14-Jul-05 22:26:10

My local sorting office? What did they say? Did they mention my postman? The one who, when he saw that I had written 'return to sender' on some junk mail (which then of course was delivered straight back to me) took it in his head to return ALL may mail to the Big Lost Mail office in Belfast for 3 months so that I missed an important change in mortgage rate letter and the whole thing ened up costing me £300 in adminsitration fees to the Woolwich? And they couldn't return any of my 10-weeks worth of mail?

Anyway, they have excelled on this occasion, and I am now looking forward to making the cake - thank to you

tamum Thu 14-Jul-05 22:29:01

You're welcome

I got a bit mixed up as they kept flitting from PO to PO (and of course I was flitting to MN in the ad breaks) but they definitely had problems with mail being left completely unsecured in trolleys all night at your local. They also posted 10 birthday cards containing money of which one never arrived and 3 arrived but without the money

tamum Thu 14-Jul-05 22:29:25

Meant to say, blimey about your post, that's awful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now