Talk

Advanced search

Phil & Ted's Bebe Car Seat - anyone got one?

(7 Posts)
Kiwifruit Thu 07-Jul-05 10:17:06

Need to buy an infant car seat in the next couple of months. Problem is, we don't have a car in the UK, and we are moving back to NZ after the baby arrives,where we will buy a car. As car seats apparently don't fit all cars, and the Phil & Teds is a NZ brand, I'm working on the theory that it's more likely to fit in the more common NZ cars.

So, does anyone have one, and are they happy with it? I've looked at them on line, and the fabric doesn't look very soft and comfy?

My other choice is the Maxi Cosi Cabrio...

Recommendations appreciated.

nicm Thu 07-Jul-05 23:50:03

hi

have no experience with the p&t car seat, but have 3maxi cosi car seats and they are really good. don't have a cabrio but have 2 priori and a rodi car seat. they are light and easy to fit and comfortable for the kids. the covers are hand wash only but i put them in the washing machine at a 40oC wash and they have not faded or shrunk. hth

Chuffed Fri 08-Jul-05 09:49:55

kiwifruit if you don't need it before you get there can you look at hiring one off plunket for when you arrive. No-one we know in NZ that has had a little one recently actually bought a baby carseat they hired plunket ones and then bought the next stage.

Kiwifruit Fri 08-Jul-05 10:34:10

Hi Chuffed - did look into that, but as we will need to have one here (and they're much more expensive to hire here than through Plunkett!), and we can take it on the plane (might be quite useful for our stopovers in LA and Auckland), I figured that we might as well buy one. If the one we buy doesn't fit the car we end up with, will probably get a Plunkett one though.

Kiwifruit Fri 08-Jul-05 10:35:05

Thanks Nicm - think I am swaying towards the Maxi Cosi, but am going to try to find a Phil and Ted's to eyeball in the flesh this weekend.

Chuffed Fri 08-Jul-05 10:38:59

We got a used {duck for cover} britax rocka tot from friends so knew it hadn't been in an accident or anything for the few times we used it in UK. It worked out the best economically and then it actually fitted into most cars in NZ as some had shorter belts than others. Don't know how much it would be to have new seatbelts put in a car but that is all it would take.

Kiwifruit Fri 08-Jul-05 11:49:46

{{Sharp Intake of Breath}} Used!! That's terrible . TBH, we are looking at the used option as well, but BIL & SIL have offered to buy us a car seat as a 'baby warming' gift, so will probably do that instead.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: