Talk

Advanced search

Walkers, suitable for a 19 week old?

(7 Posts)
cjmummy Thu 07-Jul-05 09:59:44

My DS is 19 weeks old and is happiest when standing. I know that most walkers are aimed at 6 months+ - can they be used a bit earlier and if so can anyone recommend a good one (there seem to be so many out there)?

Fio2 Thu 07-Jul-05 10:02:39

no

have you tried one of those baby play circle things? they are like a big blow up ring and you can place baby facing forwards (on tummy) in one so they can see around.

Or one of those door bouncers? i know bothe of mine used them from 4 months onwards without any problems

cjmummy Thu 07-Jul-05 10:11:08

hi Fio2 - he has a play nest thing ... but gets incredibly frustrated very quickly ... he loves his door bouncer .. just wondered about the walker but maybe I am being a little premature. He's at that roll over and then cry because he cant get back stage! Thanks for the advice though.

charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 10:12:19

i would recomend a walker when hes old enough thought its been the best thing we have brought for ds

cjmummy Thu 07-Jul-05 10:45:10

charleepeters, did you wait until your ds was 6 months?

Kiwifruit Thu 07-Jul-05 14:12:12

I read something recently that said they think that walkers aren't very good for any age, as they can delay walking (babies get lazy and rely on the walker, rather than supporting themselves). No idea where I read it though...

marne Thu 07-Jul-05 14:17:54

We put dd in one before 6 months as she liked being uprite, we had to stuff a towel around her so she didnt woble ariund. we also put her in a door bouncer, she loved it in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now