Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Right I've looked at the mumsnet top 10 but...

(16 Posts)
FlounceyFlossam Tue 05-Jul-05 20:10:42

Can anyone recommend a really good, sturdy, lightweight pushcair for my 8 month old? I don't drive, so easy folding, width, weight and also a good shopping basket are essential. I got it soooo wrong with the travel system I have now, I don't want to mess it up this time!

bagpussmice Tue 05-Jul-05 20:36:17

I've recently purchased a mamas and papas "Pulse" lightweight stroller... I love it! and so does dd2 (now 20 months)... It's not massively expensive either. Not sure how to do links, but look on the mamas and papas website or john lewis do them I think too.

saadia Tue 05-Jul-05 20:44:59

FlonceyFlossam, I've got a Maclaren Volo which is extremely lightweight with good suspension and very easy to open and close. The only problem is that IMO the seat doesn't give baby/child enough back support so isn't suitable for long trips.

There is another similar pricier Maclaren which seems very popular (almost every other person round here seems to have it)and it has rain cover, adjustable seat. I would guess that the suspension is probably good. I wish I had got this one instead of the Volo.

nailpolish Tue 05-Jul-05 20:50:11

Here

floss, ive got this one and its dead dead light. dd2 is 8 mths and shes has bags of space too. nice shopping bit underneath, enough for all my crap!

i walk everywhere too and i really like it

hth

bagpussmice Tue 05-Jul-05 20:50:45

the "Pulse" is the mamas and papas version of the popular McClaren one that everyone seems to have... IMO it's better looking

vickiyumyum Tue 05-Jul-05 20:55:29

i can vouch for the pulse too, i have it for my ds and i was gutted when the hire car we had last weekend had a boot that was too short for the pulse(because of all the other luggage we had to take). the car was a renault modus. and like a fool i brought a quinny zapp from ebay as it would fit in the boot of any car, and although i have to say it was small and light weight, i found it much more tricky to fold than the pulse and it didn't recline and it had no basket, so nowhere to store the raincover!
which is why i am now selling it on ebay again, but if anyone is inteerested in a nearly new quinny zapp that cost me £120 you can cat me.
anyway on aless cheeky note pulse pulse pulse!

FlounceyFlossam Tue 05-Jul-05 21:03:58

Can't see a pulse on the M and P website, but do you think this is similar

NP, thanks I had seen that one, worth a look! Just a bit heavier than I was looking to get - do you find it ok? Mine really is a monster atm! Can't wait to escape!

nailpolish Tue 05-Jul-05 21:08:45

floss, its fine, i take it on the bus with dd1 and dd2. to fold you need to put your foot on one bit and to use your hand, but i find it ok holding dd2 with the other hand, folding it and carrying it onto the bus.

and its very slim, but dd2 has loads of room.

doesnt lie back fully though, but almost. she has a good sleep in it occasionally.

dont find it heavy, and i have a buggy board on it too

nailpolish Tue 05-Jul-05 21:09:45

oh but i do like the look of that aria one!

hunkermunker Tue 05-Jul-05 21:10:13

I have a Maclaren Quest and it's lovely.

vickiyumyum Tue 05-Jul-05 21:10:28

pulse

hope this works. heree it is

nailpolish Tue 05-Jul-05 21:11:55

that aria one is REALLY nice! i wish i had a tray on dd2's buggy, thats the only thing i dont have.

looks mega comfy

Gomez Tue 05-Jul-05 21:12:40

Another vote for the Pulse. Has larger wheels that the MacLarens so easier to push and a bit more comfortable I believe - being a tad too heavt however I can't vouch for that and DD2 (aged 1) doesn't quite have the verbal skills yet.

charleepeters Tue 05-Jul-05 21:14:01

i have a mothercare strollers it xcomes in 3 designes pink/camo/and blue its light enough for me to pick it up easily with ds in it to get up the staris to my flatt, it folds up small enoguh to get in our nissa micra (thats small) and its sturdy and stylish and only £30!

FlounceyFlossam Tue 05-Jul-05 21:54:39

Right well I shall try and drag DP down to the mamas and papas discount warehouse and see what they have! Will try for tomorrow but he finishes nights and is never very amiable!

kath4kids Tue 05-Jul-05 22:27:08

whatever you do don't buy the aria. It's horrible to push. The shopping basket is great, it folds really small and fits behind the very back seats of the zafira, but it is an absolute pig to manovure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now