Talk

Advanced search

does anyone else have a problem with Yahoo email? really boring, sorry

(16 Posts)
edam Tue 05-Jul-05 20:09:31

Hi

I'm having real problems with Yahoo email. Has been running sooooo slowly for the last week it's taking eight or ten minutes to load each page - so every click I make takes that long. Checking my mail, opening one particular email and replying can take more than half an hour!

Don't suppose anyone else is having same problem, or even better knows what the solution is? It seems to be my computer that's the issue as I can open my mail fine elswhere.

PS I'm on an Imac

edam Tue 05-Jul-05 21:39:34

No-one uses Yahoo here then? Any Mac people around? Heeeeeeellllpppp...

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 05-Jul-05 21:40:38

my dad had this problem a while back, so annoying, he ran the scan disk through and all is well again now - coinsidence probably - not sure!

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 21:44:13

i haven't had any trouble. i'm on a mac too. i use ymail to check for new messeges, so i rarely visit the site unless i have mail.

edam Tue 05-Jul-05 21:44:28

scan disk? what's that? computer ignoramus here ...

edam Tue 05-Jul-05 21:45:58

cheers lila - you clearly have up to date OS sadly I'm still on OS9. Blimey, looks like I'll have to <<gulp>> shell out for an upgrade then...

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 21:46:54

ahh ok. what browser do you use?

edam Tue 05-Jul-05 21:48:54

um, internet explorer? says 'IE 5 Macintosh edition' if that's any use?

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 21:53:40

i've just started up my OS9 and internet explorer on there, yahoo worked fine here.

edam Tue 05-Jul-05 22:04:47

aaarrggh wish I knew what was going on with it! am beginning to think need a whole new computer no doubt at staggering cost. Yikes.

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 22:10:35

have you tried emptying the cache? it's under edit/preferences/advanced. there's a box that says 'empty now'. that might help and shouldn't cause you harm, it just empties all the pages and images you've got saved on you pc from browsing the internet, should speed things up a bit...

edam Tue 05-Jul-05 22:15:50

tried that already lilaclotus but cheers anyway. (there must be a story behind your posting name... wanna tell?)

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 22:18:49

hehe i'm a buddhist, hence the lotus. lilac is my favourite colour. it's as silly as that
i hope you get to fix the problem.

edam Tue 05-Jul-05 22:36:25

oh, I see! and there was me thinking it was all going to be very complicated.
Do you think Buddhists are more likely to choose Macs? Just a passing thought...

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 22:50:21

i don't know, but it's an interesting idea. but... our local buddhist centre has a windows PC

edam Tue 05-Jul-05 23:07:03

Maybe you could sidle up to whoever buys the computers round there and mention that Microsoft isn't terribly... zen, or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now