Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dull I know, but your recommendations for tumble dryer friendly grey school trousers/white shirts and airtex tops please.......

(14 Posts)
Puff Tue 05-Jul-05 20:00:12

Ds1 starts big school in September. I have ironingitis and need to buy stuff that definitely doesn't shrink. Also, is there such a thing as a white school shirt that doesn't need ironing?

fishfinger Tue 05-Jul-05 20:05:16

Id worry more abotu his sizw
next flat front are great for skinnies
and M and S polos are hte only ones to have imo

I irnon them nt eh summer only

Puff Tue 05-Jul-05 20:20:32

Do the M&S tops tumble dry ok, ie don't shrink?

fishfinger Tue 05-Jul-05 20:53:07

yep fine keep their whiteness relly nicely too

Puff Tue 05-Jul-05 20:54:20

Thanks, will definitely go for M&S tops, trousers too I expect.

vickiyumyum Tue 05-Jul-05 20:58:11

another vote for m&s. have brought loads of others but always go back to m&s. (i found adams to be aprticularly poor)

fishfinger Tue 05-Jul-05 20:58:40

trousers are for porkier boys
far too wide for my skinnya dn tall ds

vickiyumyum Tue 05-Jul-05 21:00:38

not the case for my ds1 he is a real skinny and don't have aproblem. he was 8 yesterday and i buy him age 7 and they fit fine!
(he is 8 but now weighs the same as his 3 year old brother! and has only recently caught up with him)

Dingle Tue 05-Jul-05 21:06:49

I found Adams polo shirts great!! Paid £7.99 each for a couple of schools "logo" shirts, they didn't tumble and the went really bobbly. The Adams ones were worn over and over again, kept their shape and didn't bobble at all...

..the trousers on the other hand...DS is a skinny little thing and we struggles to get him any that were long enough in the leg but didn't fall down! He wore Adams trousers for ages though I must admit, they did bobble but at least they fitted.

He now wear M&S trousers.

nooka Tue 05-Jul-05 21:19:05

Another vote for M&S, although the Woolies ones weren't too bad either. ds is always too skinny for his trousers wherever we buy them from! Our school polo shirts are fine after two years of wear, but they come from the PTA. Never iron anything!

nooka Tue 05-Jul-05 21:19:51

Oop - forgot the important question! We stick them all in the tumble drier (I think - dh does the washing)

Easy Tue 05-Jul-05 21:28:31

I'd vote for Adams. Shirts tumble great, trousers are O.K. too, although I find you don't need to tumble as they dry really quickly.
We have 4 pairs, I wash them and hang them propryly folded on a Lakeland radiator airer overnight, they're dry by morning.

fishfinger Tue 05-Jul-05 21:36:16

whoa re lal these fat boys then if all our sons are skinny?!!

Puff Tue 05-Jul-05 21:36:43

Thanks folks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now