Talk

Advanced search

Toaster recommendations please!

(4 Posts)
FIMAC1 Tue 05-Jul-05 15:27:22

I'm almost embarrasssed to ask for advice on such a mundane item

But having been into a few shops and trawled the web - can't find any with good reviews - need one with a wide facility, for bagels, crossaints etc

Thanks

spacedonkey Tue 05-Jul-05 15:47:00

It's got to be Dualit imo. I love mine!

bran Tue 05-Jul-05 15:52:35

I have this one by Siemens. It was the only one I could find that had a long wide slot so that I could reheat nan bread in it. Definitely wide enough for a chunky bagel, I'm not sure about a croissant though as I thing it would crush it as the holder pushes together. I has a little rack thing that pushes up above the slot so I suppose you could warm croissants on that.

cupcakes Tue 05-Jul-05 15:56:33

dualit again - recent purchase for dh for our wedding anniversary. It was expensive - I bought it from armorica which seemed the cheapest online. I bought the combi 2+2 which is different from the standard 4 slot - you get a one slice option (the reg 4 slice just does 2 or 4) plus two sandwich cages. They had free p+p too.
It is very good and we love it a lot!
Holds bagels and thick bread fine and the cages are good when I'm toasting small things (like malt loaf).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: