Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

car seat for vauxhall astra 2002 model

(18 Posts)
ja9 Mon 04-Jul-05 13:50:37

just been to halfords & they tried to fit a britax freedom and a britax eclipse but werent happy that either fitted due to the seat belt clip being too long. what have others done about this....

really annoyed as i've spent ages finding the best prices on britax seats and now they wont work...... safety comes first tho'!

misdee Mon 04-Jul-05 13:51:43

check britax site

www.britax.com they have a fit finder on it.

ZoeC Mon 04-Jul-05 13:52:11

no idea what model it was, but we used a graco one. had trouble with the britax fitting in the astra as well as in a peugeot, the graco fitted both. Was cheaper than the britax too.

ja9 Mon 04-Jul-05 20:50:31

Where do you buy graco car seats?

ZoeC Tue 05-Jul-05 19:56:01

got mine from Halfords - it was nearly 2 years ago now though.

ZoeC Tue 05-Jul-05 19:59:10

just checked graco website and I can't find any stage 1 car seats on there so maybe it's been discontinued.

sorry

ja9 Tue 05-Jul-05 20:18:09

thanks zoe.

anyone else? surely lots of you have a vauxhall astra?

ja9 Wed 06-Jul-05 13:21:37

bump! surely someone...

alison222 Wed 06-Jul-05 13:49:09

I had an old astra and had great problems with car seats.
I had a britax club class in mine suitable from birth to 4 as it fits in both directions.
This has been superseded by the first class-I think.
Try the britax web site to see what would fit and then go to somewhere that specialses in baby equipment and get it properly fitted.

I got mine done at a big mothercare and they were fab.
Where in the country are you?

gingerbear Wed 06-Jul-05 13:51:00

We have Britax Renaissance fitted in a 2001 Astra - no issues with buckle crunch.

northerner Wed 06-Jul-05 13:51:10

We've got an Astra had we have a maxi cosi priori stage 2 seat. Got it checked a month or so ago and we have buckle crunch. Very common on Astras apparantly as the seatbelts clips are longer than most.

ja9 Wed 06-Jul-05 14:07:12

i cant believe this! Thought astra were common family cars!!!!! Has no one told them about this problem???????

Sax Wed 06-Jul-05 14:59:27

ja9 - just thought I'd say we have two car seats (0 - 4ones). One is brand new made by vauxhall and one is Britax rockatot.
The vauxhall one is much heavier than the other so we ended up using the britax one and the vauxhall one remains unused!!!

I will be putting these up for sale on ebay at somestage but let me know if you want any details or if interested - its obviously specially made for a vauxhall car!

ja9 Wed 06-Jul-05 18:54:06

sax - can i get details online of the vauxhall one?

Sax Wed 06-Jul-05 19:56:50

ja9 - I can't find a link.

I will be as honest as I can! When we purchased it in 2003 from Walter C. Brigg Ltd in West Yorkshire (now we live in Sussex!) there was a link on their website but I can't find it now!

I retailed at £69.00 but we had a £20 voucher off which is why we purchased it!

I can send you pics of it if you are interested - don't know where you live so don't know about postage etc, but it I promise brand new - never used and we would like to get £35 back on it!

No pressure but if you want any pics sent to your email, just CAT me and I'll take some asap!

Sax

ja9 Wed 06-Jul-05 20:06:34

another shameless bump! anyone else with an astra?

ja9 Thu 07-Jul-05 21:27:39

have CAT ed you Sax.

Anyone else help?

ja9 Thu 07-Jul-05 21:28:57

so far, Britax Renaissance and probably first class.

Any other makes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now