Talk

Advanced search

Pushchairs (again, I know). Graco Expedition - any views?

(9 Posts)
Tinker Mon 04-Jul-05 10:13:27

Have been given an Urban Detour which, although very easy to push etc, seems HUGE and HEAVY. Much to my surprise, I do like the 3 wheeler thing, seems a lot easier to use.

Have spotted a Graco Expedition on Kiddicare for £40 - worth getting? Seems much lighter and less bulky.

What about raincovers etc? Is all Graco pushchair stuff compatible? Baby is 6 weeks old.

Thanks

Tinker Mon 04-Jul-05 11:57:52

anyone?

Tinker Mon 04-Jul-05 12:44:08

Oh look everyone, this is thread you're all trying to find.

smellymelly Mon 04-Jul-05 13:13:58

Don't know about the graco, but I have had about 20 pushchairs in all, and the Urban detour was by far the best.

You will appreciate it more as your baby gets bigger, any 6 week old would get lost in a 3 wheeler! It is so easy to push with one hand, and the swivel wheel is absolutely necessary when shopping! . Also they come into their own in the winter as you can bundle loads of comfy blankets in.

Maybe you could get a smaller umbrella folding one for occasions when you do not need the big one.

HTH

Tinker Mon 04-Jul-05 13:16:20

Hurray sm, thank you for posting on my thread. Know what you mean about UD being better when baby older but it is just so heavy that thought this one was a good 2nd one.

Marina Mon 04-Jul-05 13:18:37

I am posting here to keep you topped up Tinker. My own experience of Graco pushchairs is not good and I have the spavined wreck of a Citisport to prove it, but don't listen to me
John Lewis don't sell any of their pushchairs any more you know

smellymelly Mon 04-Jul-05 13:24:32

Ok, I had a look at the expedition, and I think it still looks big. I would def stick with the detour as it has a swivel wheel. Maybe it is £40 for a reason?

LIZS Mon 04-Jul-05 13:27:16

Isn't it basically a 3 wheel version of the Mirage ? Probably fine for shopping and pavements but not if you want something comfy for walking as the wheels are solid and plasticy.

Tinker Mon 04-Jul-05 13:36:50

Thank you Marina. Liz and sm. Hmm, not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: