Talk

Advanced search

External Window Cleaning

(8 Posts)
GeorginaA Sun 03-Jul-05 14:17:14

Anyone got a recommendation for any stuff to clean external windows? Our window cleaner refuses to clean our roof windows and the upstairs windows immediately above (in case he cracks the roof tiles standing on them, fair enough). I've got me a long pole window cleaner thing to reach them, but have had little success in avoiding streaks - is there a "window wash" you can buy that's quite good?

Fran1 Sun 03-Jul-05 14:56:09

diluted vinegar is the old fashioned method!

GeorginaA Sun 03-Jul-05 15:19:54

Does that actually work - and do you add that in to something else like washing up liquid?

Am a bit of a window cleaning virgin, obviously...

Fran1 Sun 03-Jul-05 19:31:06

Apparently - no i think you just use vinegar and water.

I buy those sprays of windolene - make less mess no need for buckets.
But no good for you doing windows out of your reach!

SoupDragon Sun 03-Jul-05 19:32:03

You need a squeegee.

GeorginaA Sun 03-Jul-05 20:10:34

Can you use windolene outside then?! Don't know why I assumed you couldn't though...

I have a squeegee, Soupy - it's a two sided window cleaner thing - the soft pad on one side and the wiper blade bit on the reverse to scrape the excess off. Am not very good at it yet though

Fran1 Sun 03-Jul-05 20:12:55

I do never considered whether you should or not. I can't see why not??

Just thought it's be expensive for you though if you can't reach the window to spray it on, you'd be using half a bottle to pour in a bucket for your squidgee wouldn't you?

Oh the lives of the modernday houseperson! ho hum

GeorginaA Sun 03-Jul-05 21:04:41

True, but the downstairs reachable windows would be a lot cleaner... hmm... I can live with streaky just at windows you can't inspect too closely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now