Talk

Advanced search

ergo carrier - would anyone recommend?

(4 Posts)
gs Fri 01-Jul-05 13:53:33

hi there am thinking about purchasing the ergo for my 11mth old boy - would anyone recommend? or not? many thanks

RosiePosie Fri 01-Jul-05 14:35:28

Definately! I would still be using mine with my 19 month old if I had not recently got pregnant. Very easy to use, okay a little practice needed to get the hang of the back carry, but once they are walking and used to it it's easy - I squat down, or sit on sofa, dd climbs on and I pull the straps up over her! Very comfortable, I walked 20 minutes each way to playschool and back every day with it, and do a lot of my housework whilst using it it ( or rather did). DD loves it, she's missing it now I think - has got quite clingy and cuddly since we stopped using it.

OxyMoron Fri 01-Jul-05 14:37:20

I've heard they're great, and certainly liked the one I tried.

But if in doubt, bigmama do sling hire. It's about 10 or 20 quid to hire one fora fortnight.

hth

Pixiefish Fri 01-Jul-05 14:42:59

For definite. I have the old style while my friend has the new one. there are difefrences. www.free-rangekids.co.uk sell them- as do little possums. give them a ring and they'll have a chat with you about it.
I'm still using mine with dd and she's 17 months- because of the way the sling distributes the weight onto your hips you can carry much bigger tots in them. I regularly go for a 5 mile walk with dd on my back- so liberating you'll wander what you did before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now