Talk

Advanced search

Ocado - Out of Stock!

(7 Posts)
bea Fri 01-Jul-05 13:43:42

i've shopped online tesco's, ocado and sainsbury's... tesco's is good but they mmucked up a delivery a couple of weeks ago and i was not amused.. thus i have been using ocad o and i've been very pleased with it so far... however the last two shops, they've had virtually everything i wanted is out of stock... is this a regu;ar thing with ocado or am i shopping at very bad times????

what do you other occado shoppers think!???

sainsburys website is just rubbish!!!!

mancmum Fri 01-Jul-05 13:47:26

ocado does do out of stocks with my order but usually less than 2-3 things and at least you know when you order so you can replace... unlike the others who just deliver 1 tin of beans out of your £200 order...

Chuffed Fri 01-Jul-05 14:42:22

we've had problems with tesco's doing this and always call and if the undelivered things are more than £25 they will arrange another delivery and deliver them for free..well they've done it for us twice now.

Twiglett Fri 01-Jul-05 14:43:53

don't tend to have that problem with ocado but then I shop at beginning of week for midweek delivery .. HTH

Marina Fri 01-Jul-05 14:45:39

Ocado is normally very good but is having one of its periodic wig-outs at the moment, bea. Stick with it, I think they have temporarily over-expanded. At least you get a sensible and apologetic explanation when you contact them to complain about availability.

Fran1 Fri 01-Jul-05 14:46:13

bea do you mean they show as out of stock on website, or they tell you when delivered?

I use all the online shops every now and then (normally when i have a voucher!)
I find Ocado is definitely the best and most organised. I don't ever recall having stuff missing from my delivery and they do sometimes substitute but always satisfied.
But i placed an order with them this morning and yes there were lots and lots of items marked out of stock, i assumed Fri mornings may be a bad time to order. But maybe there is more to it.

dillydally Fri 01-Jul-05 14:46:18

Generally i like ocado, though they are always otu of stock of cinamon and raisin bagels and always try and substitute plain ones (this has happened three times)
they are much better than tesco who would always be out of stock on my bottled water (I have never seen a supermarket sell out of water ever)and they never did replacements for it - it was too heavy for them i think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now