Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Vaccuum-sac things for storage - any good?

(5 Posts)
pabla Thu 30-Jun-05 15:08:53

Has anyone used those bags you get from Lakeland and other places to store duvets/out of season clothes, etc? - the ones where you use your vaccuum cleaner to extract the air and it reduces down in size?

I'm thinking of getting some to store the extra duvets we keep for guests - are they any good? And does anyone know where else you can get them apart from Lakeland.

jessicasmummy Thu 30-Jun-05 15:11:59

my dad just got some out of argos for his spare duvets and thinks they are great.... gonna get some for me too!

dizzydo Thu 30-Jun-05 15:18:20

I have had quite a few of these. They are ok for short term, i.e. ideal for taking on holiday, particularly if camping or having to take own sheets bedding etc, in order to save space in suitcase or car. However, I found that over time (say winter to summer) they lose their vacumn and gradually get bigger and bigger. Also they quite often come with a couple of seals that you have to fit on after the air has been sucked out and they seem to always get lost in my house - thus making the whole thing unuseable.

Pruni Thu 30-Jun-05 15:20:46

Message withdrawn

pabla Thu 30-Jun-05 15:30:43

Thanks for the tip Pruni - I had been thinking of under the bed but we have a cat too....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now