Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Portable DVD players - Which one to buy

(8 Posts)
Katie74 Thu 30-Jun-05 11:24:01

I want to buy a portable dvd player as I'm going to have to do a lot of driving with my ds (2) on my own over the next few weeks but am totally swamped by information and am now really confused. I just want one with 1 screen that hangs from back of headrest. Someone had recommended a phillips one but has no 'mounting case' for headrest - Anyone got any advice pleeeeeese am doing a 5 hour trip next thurs and really want to get one before then....

Ameriscot2005 Thu 30-Jun-05 11:25:34

I've just bought one from Lidl today. It's still charging so I've yet to try it out. It's a tablet DVD (basically all screen). It has everything needed to hang it from a headrest.

Katie74 Thu 30-Jun-05 11:29:05

What brand is it and how much was it - sounds like just the thing - can you buy lidl online?

vickiyumyum Thu 30-Jun-05 11:37:29

we have a matsui 7" screen that i brought for my 7 yearold at christmas, it was £130 and basically i brought it because tit was the only one left that they had in stock, but i have to say it has been fantastic, it came with all the accessories, incar kit, travel bag, battery, charger leads to connect to tv etc and i had noticed that on a lot of the more 'luxury' brands e.g sony and phillips, that these accessories were extras.
it has been great on all the long car journeys, from reading to york. cornwall, brighton etc and the discs don't jump like some of them can, i would def reccommend it!

Ameriscot2005 Thu 30-Jun-05 11:43:10

OK - just tried it on the mains. The great thing about this is that it is multi-region, so we can play both US and UK DVDs . But it looks pretty good generally too, and comes fully accessorised.

The brand is Silvercrest, which I think is own-brand to Lidl. The model number is SDV-27 and if you put this into Google you come up with it under different brandnames, and so get more information than is shown on the Lidl website.

Here's a link to it: Lidl DVD player

Scaryfairy Thu 30-Jun-05 11:44:26

We bought one a couple of weeks ago for my dd's birthday. It was £70 in Argos - make is Venturer. It works very well.

BearintheBigBlueHouse Thu 30-Jun-05 11:59:16

If you're near a big Somerfield then try this £59.99 DVD

Katie74 Thu 30-Jun-05 13:56:12

thanks all for your comments will continue my reviews...anymore feedback greatly received

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now