Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a ' Michigan' or 'Sahara' Tent (milletts)?

(4 Posts)
unicorn Wed 29-Jun-05 14:36:37

Anygood..?

Novice,camper here!
So it has to be easy to put up,+ fairly roomy ...

What else should I look for in a good tent?

fifilala Wed 29-Jun-05 15:09:10

we got an outwell tent "Montana 6", two bedroms-sleep 3 in each and a large indoor living space, we had never camped before and managed to put it up in 40 mins - only 4 sets of poles and a lot of pegs to put in, very waterproof 9we have experienced rain) lots of windows etc, the camp shop said it was the latest model and they couldn't get them in quick enough.

unicorn Wed 29-Jun-05 15:32:36

Do Milletts sell them?
There is a sale on at the minute, with some reasonable looking, half price tents.

fifilala Thu 30-Jun-05 15:14:42

Not sure - we got ours from a local camping shop, I have looked on the internet at other camping sites and ours seems to retail at 299.00 which is what we paid. Apparantly it is important to look at the waterproof factor - means nothing to me but dh is in the chemical business!

I felt that if we were going camping we were going to do it in comfort, got decent mats/sleeping bags etc. DS loves going into his sleeping bag, and just playing in the gret outdoors! "

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now