Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use netwaiting?

(6 Posts)
Katherine Wed 29-Jun-05 14:18:41

I'm fed up with paying £40 to BT for the line rental for our 2nd line. I want some software which will tell me when a call is coming in when I'm online so DH doesn't get stroppy at not being able to get hold of me.

Discovered by chance that I have netwaiting installed on my machine which is meant to do just this job - but can't get it to work.

Does anyone out there use it successfully?

I think the problem is that I need call waiting on my phoneline.
thanks

SaintGeorge Wed 29-Jun-05 14:22:17

Can you not just get broadband - then your phone line is available even when you are online?

lilaclotus Wed 29-Jun-05 14:24:12

i agree, broadband would be cheaper too.

Katherine Wed 29-Jun-05 14:42:20

Aghhh no don't mention broadband. Virgin promised I could have it but after 2 weeks of phonecalls they admitted defeat. Its a rural area, poor line quality and 5 miles from town. Very depressing and frustrating but I've learned to live with it and am now looking for alternatives.

Please someone tell me netwaiting works - or suggest an alternative for me

SaintGeorge Wed 29-Jun-05 14:48:15

Never tried netwaiting.

My solution, before I got the unmentionable thing, was to have message minder on the phoneline (my telephone company didn't charge for it but I think BT do).

Better than an answerphone as it takes calls when line engaged rather than just when not answered. My recorded message gave my mobile number and asked people to redial if they needed me urgently.

Katherine Wed 29-Jun-05 15:28:59

Not bad but people still couldn't get hold of me in an emergency (school, husband etc). Mobile phones don't work here as bottom of a deep valley.

Lovely place to live but can be a bit limited sometimes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now