Talk

Advanced search

What do your kids use in the bath ?

(17 Posts)
Kayleigh Wed 29-Jun-05 12:32:57

My boys are now 7 and 4. Up till now they have used a baby bath in the bath, no soap and they manage to get nice and clean just playing in the bath. If they are very dirty i'll use aqueous cream on muddy bits.

My ds1, who is into football and is now starting to get really dirty needs something proper to wash with. I need to get him some sort of liquid wash as this will be easier for him to use. Should I use a baby wash, or does someone do a childrens version of shower gel. Or should i get an adult version of say Simple ?

Help !!!!

Twiglett Wed 29-Jun-05 12:33:55

kandoo does a child's version of shower gel and wash mits

but personally I only ever use water / sometimes baby bath / sometimes aqueous cream so have no direct knowledge

moondog Wed 29-Jun-05 12:36:40

Asses milk

Tissy Wed 29-Jun-05 12:37:18

soap!

Twiglett Wed 29-Jun-05 12:37:27

<<wags finger at moondog> norty, norty

Ameriscot2005 Wed 29-Jun-05 12:46:07

Cheap bubblebath

MarsLady Wed 29-Jun-05 12:48:09

oats a la mumsnet!

LIZS Wed 29-Jun-05 12:50:12

Mine are same age and still use baby bath or Balneum Hermal as they both have a tendency to dry skin or use a liquid soap (camomile) as shower gel. After swimming etc we use a Nivea child's shower gel, but not sure if you can get it in UK. Do they still make Matey ?

Furball Wed 29-Jun-05 12:53:42

Avon do kiddies wash Here I think you can buy it on-line. Simple apparently is not all is cracked up to be with regards to it being 'simple'

tassis Wed 29-Jun-05 12:57:12

I put nothing in the water because ds has sensitive skin. But lately he's been pretty mucky from digging the garden (of course he has a samd pit to dig, but the garden is infinitely preferable!) and I've used Johnstons babywash stuff with a face cloth. It's lovely and smells great. I use it for me too!

cupcakes Wed 29-Jun-05 13:00:53

we don't have any bubbles and only use johnsons baby soap (the block kind). Cheap, lasts for ages and always gets them squeaky clean!

sorrel Wed 29-Jun-05 13:01:37

E45 do a kids wash that doesn't affect my dd's ecxema. It has no perfume andis quite mild. Also use a pure clear glycerine soap from tesco or waitrose. it is a vegtable cleansing bar with no fragrance or colour( Hooray)

Kayleigh Wed 29-Jun-05 13:09:42

Furball, haven't heard that re Simple. Wouldn't they be done by trading standards if that's true ?

Don't want to do a bar of soap as am sure it will just end up in bath all soggy and revolting.

Why is the kids bath/wash stuff so much more expensive than grown up stuff ?

lilaclotus Wed 29-Jun-05 13:16:17

dd uses e45 shower gel for kids

Janh Wed 29-Jun-05 13:19:47

Sanex do a nice shower milk or balm, labelled dermosensitive. (Mind you, having looked at the ingredients list it's made with milk - like Ecover washing-up liquid which someone was complaining about the other day - OK if no milk-sensitivity I suppose.)

Anyway DS1 has sensitive skin and some eczema and it seems to be OK for him.

sorrel Wed 29-Jun-05 13:29:26

Simple has perfume in itwhich is nasty and not good -same with Dove .both not good for sensitive skin. sanex which is not dissimilar seems to be ok though. No idea why, but we can use all sanex products( deodrant too)without a sneeze or an itch.

Kayleigh Wed 29-Jun-05 13:35:44

ok, thanks for all your help. Have decided to stay with the baby stuff for a while longer and have gone for Tesco "My Babys Body Wash" which is BOGOF at the moment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: