Talk

Advanced search

Shoe rant...

(9 Posts)
SoupDragon Wed 29-Jun-05 12:24:52

... Adults this time.

Why oh why don't adult shoes come in width fittings? Do our feet suddenly become standard widths when we reach adult sizes? At least if you've got wide feet you get an (admittedly pathetic) choice of styles that are available in wider fittings but if you've got long thin feet, you're basically stuffed. Unless they have a strap at the back or some sort of adjustable buckle/laces/velcro thing I can't wear any of the nice sandals on offer

Can you tell who's had a frustrating visit to the Clarkes sale?

bundle Wed 29-Jun-05 12:33:00

duo of bath (the - ahem - boots for wider calves people) asked about width fittings in a questionnaire i filled in online recently. and what about us "high instep" people?? grrrrrr

SaintGeorge Wed 29-Jun-05 12:44:12

Soupy - I really I am beginning to think you are my MN twin (barring the witch bit on my part obviously ), we seem to have so much in common.

If you ever track down NICE skinny shoes, please let me know.

Lucycat Wed 29-Jun-05 12:48:13

Ditto here! when I was born my dad said I had feet like coal barges, and they haven't changed much! i have to go for 2 strap birkies and tighten them up ( I have even punched an extra hole in sandals before now!)

Both dd's have the same width issues, shoes gape on them or they step out of slip ons

Twiglett Wed 29-Jun-05 12:48:50

see, its the talons isn't it?

Ameriscot2005 Wed 29-Jun-05 12:54:25

I've heard great things about this place James Inglis for narrow feet.

They are based in Peebles, of all places, but also do mail order or online shopping. They say they are No. 1 in the UK.

SoupDragon Wed 29-Jun-05 13:04:11

Yes, the talons cause no end of trouble

@ SG Got a lovely pair of "frivolous sandals" in the clarkes sale last year. I have no idea how they were ever meant to fit someone with normal feet.

Ameriscot - tempted to send off for a size chart as I've no idea how narrow my feet actually are. 1 size smaller in length seems to be the right width although my toes overhang

SoupDragon Wed 29-Jun-05 13:04:52

(but at the prices!)

SaintGeorge Wed 29-Jun-05 13:06:52

indeed, unfortunately no way I can afford to spend that on shoes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now