Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for photo paper, please!

(3 Posts)
frogs Tue 28-Jun-05 13:43:30

I've just bought some very fancy (and correspondingly expensive) hp photo paper to do some prints, and it's pants! It's gone slightly stripy and the contrast is a bit weird. I had a few free samples lying around which were much better, but I don't know what make they were (typical!).

Recommendations, please? I have a not terribly sophisticated hp inkjet printer. What about the matt/glossy thing?

TIA

morningpaper Tue 28-Jun-05 20:12:35

It sounds like you might just need to do a print head clean on your printer (do a check on the settings of your printer on your computer). I'd start with a new ink cartridge too. Make sure you are also printing in PHOTO mode which is different from normal printing. Again, check your printer settings on your computer. Lots of places do sample packs of their own papers e.g. www.zentrex.co.uk so you could try that. Otherwise it might just be a matter of trying different papers, although if you have an HP printer then HP paper should give you the best results.

frogs Tue 28-Jun-05 21:42:48

Thanks mp. I think it is the paper, as it was printing perfectly well yesterday on the non-hp printer. Humph. Will have to get some trial packs and fiddle around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now